Dustin's Official 2014 Trip Report Thread

Safe travels to ya, Good Buddy! Great progress so far.

Do you have plans in Austin for Wednesday or Friday? Not sure if you will be there yet by Wednesday, but maybe I can run up there and buy you a beer one of those days. I work Thursday and Saturday.

It's only about a 2 and a half hour jump for me, so lemme know!

I should be rolling into Austin on Thursday! It would be great to meet up

I am going to try to meet him out there Friday. Just need to make some excuse to work out of the Austin office.

Looking forward to it!

I don't do beer but I do coffee or juice from a baby sippy cup :)

Hitting the road in a couple hours and will be heading towards Price, UT!

Last edited:
Going to stay in Price, UT tonight - 450 miles.

No snow forecasted but should be in the high seventies!

We stayed just outside of Price Utah when we went to Moab. The highway south to Moab from Price is boring but you will enjoy it north of there between Salt Lake and Price. It starts getting interesting just north of Moab.

Hard to find a good place to eat in Price but we found a decent place just beside Arby's on the main drag that was OK. The Main Street Grill Main Street Grill - Home

Also when you pass through Moab and need a coffee and snack, do yourself and your girl a favour and stop at The Love Muffin (good place to take a picture as well) It is a small cafe on your right just past the Rodeway Inn, when heading south on 191 through town. Great coffee, really good food, and the pastries (muffins, etc) are great.

Link: Love Muffin Cafe | Moab Utah

Last edited:
I'm in Price, Utah for the day after a reasonable day despite the rush hour traffic in Salt Lake City. I have some photos to post, hang tight!

Overlooking Ellensburg, WA
7sJW0vel.jpg

kUSMPYJl.jpg

Snake Gorge, Idaho
by7hq2Nl.jpg

E2kXUDJl.jpg

Rest stop just off the I84
2qL87Nql.jpg

Random Utah mountain
3BVUn42l.jpg

Random ugly Utah town blocking my view
JbG4fNhl.jpg

UT6 heading into Price, UT
ibtBnqdl.jpg

GQ89o81l.jpg

S3m2zv3l.jpg

oVifEdgl.jpg

Have a safe trip to NM and thanks for the pics! The bike looks great. How are you feeling in terms of comfort on it?

I'm happy with the bike, more so than I expected. I could use some higher clip ons, though. I think 500 miles is my happy max on the bike at the moment

Last edited:
Dustin, that second last picture looks like the area just south of where Hwy 6 and Hwy 191 join up just north of Helper Utah. Is that close? Who is on the Kawai?

Back