East Coast Gather

I'm hosting a gather / rally coming up in May.

I invite anyone who can make it to attend.. This is located in the heart of western NC, and the area probably has the best roads anywhere on the eastern side of the country.

When : May .... date to be determined....

Where : Rider's Roost Motorcycle Resort - Fergusen, NC: RIDERSROOST RESORT & CAMPGROUND

So, this will be open to all who want to come, I'll keep a running list of those who'd like to commit... at this point, just so I can keep track... As for now, the folks at the Rider's Roost are still on vacation... Their website can tell you about their setup.... basically... inexpensive cabins, very inexpensive camping, as well as ... they're awesome. I've talked to them a few times, and they're good people... It's a motorcycle only resort, so at least they know what kind of people we are... They're more than happy to host the Big Wheel race... in fact, they think it's awesome... and for a few bucks, they'll cook for us for a night if we want them to.

Here's the type of riding we'll be looking at... I lost the link to the directions I had made up for this route... but... it's 548 miles of curvy wonderful roads around here.

Routes.JPG

if the pic doesn't work, LINK. http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...j3p7xHk-pZ7_NQ

Good roads... cops that don't harass you... many others can attest... this is a great area... quite possibly the best riding available in this side of the country.

Start giving me names, and I'll get the list rolling.

Any more details needed / questions, let me know.... If I'm missing anything ... let me know.

I'll let you know as soon as you can make reservations... I want to try to get us a group rate, so that's why I want the running list of committed names.. and possible names... I'd like to be able to go to the folks at the Roost and say " I have 30 people definitely coming, and 15 more possibly coming. What kind of rate can we get on the cabins, and what would it cost for you to BBQ for us for a night? " ... This is why I want the list.

I'll start posting a new route every once in a while after Thanksgiving... Each one will be a possible ride... and then, we can decide what we'll do.. I'll try to keep the new routes coming to keep the thread active, and interest high. I'd really love to get as many people as I could...

Last edited:
Now that sounds really good. I gotta see if I can get some vacation time in May. If I am able, I would love to take a ride back down to my favorite vacation spot, N.C. My son and I have been going down to Charlotte/Concord for about the last 5 years. We usually go down in August, but let me see what I can do. Billy.

stonsie not that expensive i have done the Fz10a rally at deals gap many times now

flight around 350 bike hire about 450 with gas and acc rearly been over 1k for a week prime time riding on the wrong side the road and some brill scenery

empty roads
longinterstate81%20(Small).JPG

good views
nqwu8n.jpg

good twisties
2ldx0g8.jpg

and good company i was always welcomed
28icbc6.jpg
[/IMG]

Man oh Man! Those pics look really enticing. I have to wait until January for vacation picks. I am third in line so I gotta keep my fingers crossed. I haven't mentioned anything about maybe going in May. I know if I do, some spiteful person will pick the same week. It's happened before and ruined a trip to Vegas, so now I keep my mouth shut til the last minute. We'll see.

stonsie not that expensive i have done the Fz10a rally at deals gap many times now

flight around 350 bike hire about 450 with gas and acc rearly been over 1k for a week prime time riding on the wrong side the road and some brill scenery

santa wasnt that good to me this year:D maybe next year if work picks up, that sounds great value though:)

Sounds like a nice ride. If you can schedule it for later in May it would be easier for me. In northern Michigan it is usually still pretty cool in May and can still be cool in early June. Get a date and I'll let you know for sure.

I've got the date nailed down now. the gather will be held from May 15-17. ...

Nice pics Luke, but this isn't the Deal's Gap rally... we're doing something different on this one... the Deal's Gap Rally is some time in June.

the rain really didn't do much to slow us down.... it was really only bad enough to make us pull over once... that time, it was raining so hard, it was coming right through the shield's seal... other than that... we rode through the rain.

Looks like a lot of fun.. somebody pm me where this location is please.. my riding group rally's at deals gap , but i've never even hear of this.. where on the east coast is this ?

Great photo's hope the rain didn't spoil thing's. love the way ya do yer hotdogs, deffinatly going to try that one!!!!:thumbup:

But can ya do the cooking and ride at the same time?! That would be the sign of a true gourmet chef/rider.

Looks like you guys had a good time, and hopefully I'll be able to get pre-approval for some sort of venture and make it to the 2nd annual...

Brohay

Back