Easter Sunday Jaunt

I awoke to threatening skies, however the weather channel insisted no rain...........maybe??? I got out of the house early to take a solo ride upstate and far away from the Bronx. I ran the Sprain Parkway up to Route 100 which heads North, cutting through a couple of towns and some great scenic lakes. I wound up in Somers and 7/11 for a quick pit stop to use the restroom and call home. While there I ran into two other riders, Mladin and his wife Linda. He rolled in on an RS1200 and she had a small cruiser. He quickly ran over to ask me if my bike might be for sale. I graciously declined and continued with some nice relaxing conversation. He was one of the few riders that has approached me and had any knowledge of the FZ1. I should have thought to get a couple of pics with them but I was itchin' to get back to riding. They went for some coffee and I headed out on my loop. I headed west on Route 35 to the end, winding up at Route 121. This was a new route that I had never taken before and I gotta say it won't be the last time. It took me through some winding roads littered with horse farms and nice colonial homes. I ended up on Route 22 South which took me home. I stopped off at the Kensico Dam to stretch my legs and take a couple of pictures before hitting the Parkway home. Here are a couple of shots from today's ride.

Stopped at 7/11 for a pit stop first....
IMG_0939.jpg

I messed with the camera for a self portrait and it actually worked!
IMG_0940.jpg

Even though it is frowned upon, I managed a shot of the Dam.
IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

I wish everyone and their families a joyous Happy Easter!

Hey Billy,

Nice shots, the bike looks great, glad you got out today and found a new route to explore. I am working today so no chance of getting out today. It also snowed some last night so the temps are too cold to ride in. Happy Easter. ;)

why??

and lucky you for getting out today...we have a little snow, which means city crews will be dumping the remainder of the sand on the roads.

Well, unfortunately, since 9/11, you can't even cross the dam by car either. I'm not saying that you'd be locked up, but if they see you taking pictures of any bridges, tunnels, dams, or federal buildings, they can stop you for questioning. Who the heck wants to go through all that hassle! I'd just assume enjoy my ride and leave the photos for other places. I totally understand the reasoning behind the precaution. This particular dam is very close to White Plains which is a large city in Westchester.

Hey Billy,

Nice shots, the bike looks great, glad you got out today and found a new route to explore. I am working today so no chance of getting out today. It also snowed some last night so the temps are too cold to ride in. Happy Easter. ;)

Thanks Cos. Sorry you still can't get out on the road. What the heck?! Pretty soon North America is going to be down to two seasons, Winter and Summer!

Nice man! I myself put about 120 miles on my bike, my dad took out his VTX.

We had a great day, was in the 70's even though it was supposed to rain it hasn't yet!

Thanks for sharing Billy. We had a nice family day here at the house. We were blessed with some of Michele's side of the family this morning then Easter dinner with Kevin, Briana and little Bridgette. Got some great video of her with her first chocolate bunny!

Glad you had the time and weather to ride today! Wish we were out there too but that's another weekend! Great photos!

I'm glad you had a great Easter buddy. Don't worry cause I just saw the weather for next Saturday and Sunday and it's looking fantastic! Sunny and upper 60's for both days! Today was the first day this year that I only had the leather on and no sweater underneath. It felt great not being so encumbered with clothing.

I'm glad you had a great Easter buddy. Don't worry cause I just saw the weather for next Saturday and Sunday and it's looking fantastic! Sunny and upper 60's for both days! Today was the first day this year that I only had the leather on and no sweater underneath. It felt great not being so encumbered with clothing.

I might be able to break out my mesh gear this week. :D I'm still in full winter attire. :( Our ride with Norm last week was all that and two layers underneath it!

Good to see you out on two!! We need to come down this season and ride with you for sure!

Looks like a great ride Billy. I just Google maped your route. I used to get up in that area for work some years ago. It would make a great destination on the FZ one of these days.

Today had to be the best Easter weather ever. The rain held off here until I was coming home from an Easter gathering at my brother-in-law's house. Then we had one of the worst storms I ever drove in. I was tempted to take the bike down. Glad I didn't. I'd still be out there.

Hope we can do another ride soon. I still haven't done Bear Mountain yet.

I awoke to threatening skies, however the weather channel insisted no rain...........maybe??? I got out of the house early to take a solo ride upstate and far away from the Bronx. I ran the Sprain Parkway up to Route 100 which heads North, cutting through a couple of towns and some great scenic lakes. I wound up in Somers and 7/11 for a quick pit stop to use the restroom and call home. While there I ran into two other riders, Mladin and his wife Linda. He rolled in on an RS1200 and she had a small cruiser. He quickly ran over to ask me if my bike might be for sale. I graciously declined and continued with some nice relaxing conversation. He was one of the few riders that has approached me and had any knowledge of the FZ1. I should have thought to get a couple of pics with them but I was itchin' to get back to riding. They went for some coffee and I headed out on my loop. I headed west on Route 35 to the end, winding up at Route 121. This was a new route that I had never taken before and I gotta say it won't be the last time. It took me through some winding roads littered with horse farms and nice colonial homes. I ended up on Route 22 South which took me home. I stopped off at the Kensico Dam to stretch my legs and take a couple of pictures before hitting the Parkway home. Here are a couple of shots from today's ride.

Stopped at 7/11 for a pit stop first....
IMG_0939.jpg

I messed with the camera for a self portrait and it actually worked!
IMG_0940.jpg

Even though it is frowned upon, I managed a shot of the Dam.
IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

I wish everyone and their families a joyous Happy Easter!

By the way Billy the bike is looking totally sweet and Eric I'd really like to see the VT ride work out.

Back