Electric Motorcycles

Pretty cool. In my fantasy garage of twenty bikes I'd have one. But I might switch it out in a month or so if the battery died at the wrong time.

If they held more charge thus a longer range, it would be worth commuting ONLY if it was priced right.

But at $10k and $12k for those two? You can go get a new V Star 250 for $3,750 and have $6,200 to $8,200 left over to buy gas with for X years!

These are niche sales for elite groups because this makes no sense to me to pay that much for a VERY limited machine.

Add to this the cost of the battery pack replacement in 4 to 5 years and you've blown any possible savings. If it was priced in the $4k range? Maybe worth a serious look!

Thanks for the links!

Last edited:
zero

I watched an hour program on tv the other night on the Zero bike. It was compared to a yamaha 250 and did quite well in the comparison performance tests. The gas powered bike still had an advantage for the most part, however, one of the technical runs the zero did about 20% better than the yamadog. I think its quite interesting and will likely be very popular, but for me, I still need the noise from my engine to compliment my riding pleasure. there is nothing like a yamaha winding up through the gears, its an awsome sound for me, music to my ears. Since Im 61 I probably wont have to deal with riding an electric bike.

Back