Epic Failure: PCIII custom map questions

The idle is best a bit higher than what Yamaha recommends at least that is my experience and from other posts I see that many share this opinion. I would set idle to about 1200 at 180F engine temp. The idle can be adjusted by the screw on the left side of the engine, it is a small hand turnable screw (do not know the English name for that type). You have to adjust the idle for each map.

The idle is best a bit higher than what Yamaha recommends at least that is my experience and from other posts I see that many share this opinion. I would set idle to about 1200 at 180F engine temp. The idle can be adjusted by the screw on the left side of the engine, it is a small hand turnable screw (do not know the English name for that type). You have to adjust the idle for each map.

I've done that before and will. But I should wait to until the engine is warm? When it's cold will it idle higher if I adjust it to 1200 rpm when it's not warm? Lastly, by manually adjusting it with the screw that won't mess with the map at all?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've done that before and will. But I should wait to until the engine is warm? When it's cold will it idle higher if I adjust it to 1200 rpm when it's not warm? Lastly, by manually adjusting it with the screw that won't mess with the map at all?

No problem with the map. Just wait until your up to operating temp and then adjust the idle. I'm running at about 1200/1300rpms which is usually where most guys run the GenII.

If you want to be more accurate, connect it back to the PC and set the idle using the RPM display in the Dynojet software.

I need 2 get some more 9v's....mine kept dying. But yes that makes sense. I'll have 2 do some more research on how to work the pcIII on my laptop. Idk how to change the idle on the pcIII using the software.

so after I adjust the idle with the screw, I don't have to resave it that way on the map or anything ? but I did adjust it so its about 1200 rpm @ roughly 180oF.

Lastly, An I able to run one of the PCV maps on my PCIII from Duken's file?

Last edited:
sy2esu8u.jpg
I also switched to the white beast stage 2 map now that I did the ais block off and the air box mod. And holy shit, the bike sounds much meaner now and the acceleration down low is better, and the bike feels less laggy.

Last edited:
correct I used my laptop read out to adjust. I noticed that the PCIII has an accelerator pump option, how does that work? I saw its something extra you have to download, but i dont understand it. I think it give u extra gas when u crack open the throttle to 100% from a stop? If thats the case shouldnt the PCIII already do that regardless?

Some Racers have selected the following:
75% Sensitivity
20% Fuel Increase
15 Engine Revolutions

Some Street Riders have selected:
90% Sensitivity
15% Fuel Increase
20 Engine Revolutions

Back