Evel Knievel Injury Chart

Evel Knievel Injury Chart & Tribute Thread

EDIT: Well this started as a simple post showing a couple of neat diagrams showing Evel's injuries. Then people started talking about Evel, their memories and all the merchandise they had as kids and this thread has turned into a Tribute Thread.

I thought this was really cool.

Evel was THE MAN when I was growing up. I mean EVERYTHING stopped when he performed one of his stunts. Not to mention how all the neighborhood kids would try to jump our bikes over various household things (often with similar outcomes :Rockon:)

We even had Evel toys. The wind up motorcycles were the bomb:

Evel.jpg

Hard to believe that they are selling on Ebay for $75 almost 40 yrs later!! A testament to the man and the legend.

So here is the meat of what I found. A chart of injuries that Evel sustained during his career. LOL and this was before modern day pain meds. :D

Steve Mandich | Knievel Injuries

Evel1.jpg

Evel2.jpg

Evel3.jpg

Evel4.jpg

Evel5.jpg

Evel6.jpg

Another pretty cool video dedicated to the man!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOR8yHjxses&feature=related"]EVEL KNIEVEL DAREDEVIL"VIDEO" TRIBUTE 1938-2007 - YouTube[/ame]

AND a little more bonus.....Evel would approve.......:tup:

rebecca-grant-fox-sports.jpg

Last edited:
I had the Evel Stunt Cycle! I loved that thing. I remember that I had ramps set up in my hallway and I drove my Mother nuts with the "whining" from the friction motor. Man, they made good toys back then!

Let me see how many of the "older folk" here remember this little gem of a game??

Kenner-RedLine.jpg

I got this game back in 1981. Yes I know I was 20 years old but I was very immature!! Nobody was allowed to touch it, play it, or even think about touching and playing it! I think it was Christmas 1981, and it probably cost $19.99 or close to it. It was the most awesome game. Four levels of racing, working tree, and gas and gear shifter all worked. Pass the redline and you blew the motor! Awesome!

Fast forward 26 years. I still had the game without the box but in MINT condition. In 26 years, my fingers were the only ones except for the worker who put it together to have ever touched it. Well, it sold on EBay for $375.00 dollars!!! Thats right, no lie. I couldn't believe it. That was a No Reserve Auction with a one dollar starting bid! I kind of miss it now since I'm still not really mature and would probably sit and play it for hours!

Thanks Tony!! I suck at the car game but I am Badazz with the bikes! And I like the endo's they do at the end. Great games!

Hey, careful with the copyright infringement! LOL

I had the wind up Evel bike too. I think I even had the girl version in the pink jumpsuit. I was a weird kid. (but I was only 11 in 1981 :p) I've never seen that drag race game, but it looks like it would have been fun.

$(KGrHqRHJC!E8fiuLMlbBPOHh-zpfQ~~60_57.JPG

When I was a little kid, I remember watching live (I think) Evil jumping the snake river canyon (NOT!). :) Also saw him crash jumping some buses (Vegas?) He was like the coolest guy in the world back then.

BUT really could he have picked a worse bike?

LOL
I know what you mean. That old Harley was not very well suited for what he did. His best known bike was a Harley-Davidson XR-750

EvelKnievelMotorcycle.jpg

Well I knew he used a few different kinds of bikes over the length of his career so I thought it would be cool to list the bikes he did with a brief history:

Motorcycles

Knievel briefly used a Honda 350cc motorcycle, using it to jump a crate of rattlesnakes and two mountain lions, which was his first known jump. Knievel then used a Norton Motorcycle Company 750cc. He used the Norton for only one year during 1966. Between 1967 and 1968, Knievel jumped using the Triumph Bonneville T120 (with a 650cc engine). Knievel used the Triumph at the Caesars Palace crash on New Year's Eve 1967. When Knievel returned to jumping after the crash, he used Triumph for the remainder of 1968.

Between December 1969 and April 1970, Knievel used the Laverda American Eagle 750cc motorcycle. On December 12, 1970, Knievel would switch to the Harley-Davidson XR-750, the motorcycle with which he is best known for jumping. Knievel would use the XR-750 in association with Harley-Davidson until 1977. However, after his 1977 conviction for the assault of Shelly Saltman, Harley-Davidson withdrew their sponsorship of Knievel.

On September 8, 1974, Knievel attempted to jump the Snake River Canyon on a rocket propelled motorcycle designed by former NASA engineer Robert Truax dubbed the Skycycle X-2. The State of Idaho registered the X-2 as an airplane rather than a motorcycle.

At the tail end of his career, while helping launch the career of his son, Robbie Knievel, Knievel returned to the Triumph T120. However, he only performed wheelies and did not jump after retiring the XR-750.[5]

In 1997, Knievel signed with the California Motorcycle Company to release a limited Evel Knievel Motorcycle. However, the motorcycle was not built to jump, but was rather a V-twin cruiser motorcycle intended to compete with Harley-Davidson street bikes. Knievel promoted the motorcycle at his various public appearances. After the company closed in 2003, Knievel returned to riding modern street Harley-Davidson motorcycles at his public appearances.

Evel's son, Robbie Knievel, sold limited-edition motorcycles from his company, Knievel Motorcycles Manufacturing Inc.[24] Although two of the motorcycles refer to Evel (the Legend Series Evel Commemorative and the Snake River Canyon motorcycle), Evel did not ride Robbie's bikes.

With a little Robbie Knievel added in

Last edited:
I thought I would throw in a few of the toys and someone was nice enough to post this vid on YouTube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIdGDcWBsoc]evel knievel TOYS - YouTube[/ame]

Let me see how many of the "older folk" here remember this little gem of a game??

Kenner-RedLine.jpg

I got this game back in 1981. Yes I know I was 20 years old but I was very immature!! Nobody was allowed to touch it, play it, or even think about touching and playing it! I think it was Christmas 1981, and it probably cost $19.99 or close to it. It was the most awesome game. Four levels of racing, working tree, and gas and gear shifter all worked. Pass the redline and you blew the motor! Awesome!

Fast forward 26 years. I still had the game without the box but in MINT condition. In 26 years, my fingers were the only ones except for the worker who put it together to have ever touched it. Well, it sold on EBay for $375.00 dollars!!! Thats right, no lie. I couldn't believe it. That was a No Reserve Auction with a one dollar starting bid! I kind of miss it now since I'm still not really mature and would probably sit and play it for hours!

Yep, I had that game. Spent hours on it, loved it.

Kenner-RedLine.jpg

That is amazing!!!
You should pick up another one for a fraction. You get to play the game again and still come out way ahead.

Pro Drag Racing Game Hastro Electronic Hand Held Game Redline | eBay

ProDragGame.jpg

Back