Evel Knievel Injury Chart

THANK YOU FOR THE THREAD AND THE EYE CANDY and i also loved evel he was my hero ahesd of everybody the astronauts presidents i wanted to be him it was just me and my mom and i would fantisize that he was my dad sad but true i didnt look at the chart but wasnt the only bone he didnt break was his pinky finger?GREAT POST boy that is brining back some old memories the days when after you ate breakfast and it was outside till you heard someones dad whisiling to come in for dinner GOOD TIMES

You sir are a lucky man!!!
I just come across some things on the internet from time to time. I would have loved to see him live.

Being a 5 year old kid that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I was sitting in the background about dead center. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7u9WLyGIvY]EVEL'S 1976 KINGDOME JUMP - YouTube[/ame]

THANK YOU FOR THE THREAD AND THE EYE CANDY and i also loved evel he was my hero ahesd of everybody the astronauts presidents i wanted to be him it was just me and my mom and i would fantisize that he was my dad sad but true i didnt look at the chart but wasnt the only bone he didnt break was his pinky finger?GREAT POST boy that is brining back some old memories the days when after you ate breakfast and it was outside till you heard someones dad whisiling to come in for dinner GOOD TIMES

Thank you.
I have to say that I had pretty much the same dreams when I was growing up. I LOVED Evel, Bruce Lee and The Dukes of Hazzard (with some Starsky & Hutch sprinkled in). LOL We would always watch Kung Fu Theater on Sat and then go outside and try to emulate the martial arts moves. In fact - it got to the point that we couldn't even do chores because something like raking leaves would turn into the final scene of the movie we had just watched and we would whack each other with rakes, shovels and anything else we had on hand. Then when Evel would make a jump - IT WAS ON!!!! I mean we were building ramps (before building ramps was a DIY deal) so they were not the world's best ramps. But there was NO stopping us from jumping our bikes over whatever we could find to challenge ourselves. LOL Lot's of scars from being stupid when I was young. Looking back on it - some of the best years of my life.....:cloud9:

Interesting Facts About Evel ...................

1. Evel Knievel's motorcycle and memorabilia are displayed by the Smithsonian Institute in their Museum of American History in Washington, D.C.; there, he is immortalized as "America's Legendary Daredevil."

2. Mr. Knievel is listed in Who's Who and the Guiness Book of World Records as having broken 35 bones. There is a river in Arkansas named after him.

3. He has been a generous contributor to charities and currently is promoting the work of the "Make a Wish Foundation", an organization that arranges the fulfillment of the dreams of children suffering from terminal illnesses.

4. On August 20, 1974, he soared 135 feet over 13 eight foot wide Mack Trucks at the Canadian National Exposition.

5. On Sept. 8, 1974, Evel constructed a "skycycle" and attempted to clear the Snake River Canyon in Idaho.

6. On May 31, 1975, at Wembley Stadium in London, England, Evel jumped and cleared 13 double-tiered buses, but crashed upon landing, breaking his pelvis, as a record crowd of over 90,000 watched.

7. The above information has been compiled from Evel's official biography.

8. A jailer in Montana was responsible for Knievel's nickname. As a youth, Knievel had several run-ins with police and the jailer dubbed him "Evil Knievel." In order not to be perceived as a bad guy, Knievel later changed the spelling to "Evel" as his daredevil career took off.

*9. Among Knievel's notable feats were clearing 19 cars in 1971, sailing over 13 Mack trucks in 1974 and jumping 13 double-decker buses in London in 1975, as well as a failed attempt to leap the Snake River Canyon in Idaho on a rocket-powered motorcycle in 1974.

*10. Knievel played himself in the 1977 movie "Viva Knievel!" The plot featured a rival trying to kill Knievel and use his 18-wheel truck to smuggle cocaine. George Hamilton portrayed him in a 1971 film and George Eads played him in a 2004 television movie.

*11. Knievel starred in track and field, hockey and ski jumping in high school.

*12. National Football League kicker Adam Vinatieri, best known for kicking game-winning field goals in the Super Bowl for the New England Patriots, is Knievel's cousin.

13. Evel Knievel holds the world record for breaking the most number of bones and surviving.

14. His real name is Robert Craig Knievil..

15. Knievel used a double in the film Viva Knievil. During his stunt career

16. Knievil spent a total of three years in hospital.

17. When Knievil came to Britain to jump 13 buses at Wembley in 1975, he refused to drive his Cadillac on the left-hand-side of the road, insisting on driving on the right.

18.1978 Knievel is credited with re-vitalizing the poorly performing toy industry in the '70s after Evel Knievel toys, as well as such other products as pinball machines, bicycles, watches, radios and other accessory items, draw more than $300 million in sales.

19.1981 Knievel retires from stunt work after 35 broken bones, 14 surgeries, one coma, countless crashes and one failed crack at Snake River Canyon. Today, he spends time promoting the work of the Make-a-Wish Foundation, an organization that arranges the fulfillment of the dreams of children suffering from terminal illness.
20. - The Evel Knievel range of merchandise toys sold over $300 million dollars in the 70 and 80s and he was credited with revitalising the flagging toy industry.

Someone had mentioned an interview with Jim Rome where Rome asked him "If you thought you only had a 50/50 chance of living when you jumped the Snake River - Why did you do it?". To which Evel promply replied "Do you know who the Hell I am?"
Well I looked forever and finally found the interview. Audio only but it really captures the man and the way he lived his life. He was tough, wild and HELD NO PUNCHES!!!! Evel was unlike anyone else!!!

Jim Rome interview with Evel Knievel "Do you know who the hell I am?" - YouTube

I couldn't get it to embed for some reason!!!! LOL And then it embedded on it's own!!! HAHAHA!!!! Probably some Evel Magic at Work!!!! :tup:

.../...

Last edited:
Evel's FIRST Televised Jump

OMG!!!!!!!
This is a vid of Evel's 1st televised jump but they have some additional motorcycle footage. LOL You want to know why I always say we ARE SO LUCKY to be living in the time we are now? With the technology available to amateurs that absolutely blows away ANYTHING 40 years ago. That is NOT that long ago!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9SGNFEwuxKQ

Then we get to see The Man jump!!! WOW!!!! Kind of humble beginnings but this was the start of a legendary career!!

.../...

Last edited:
Back