Exhaust

Sounds like me. When I leave I ride in 1st or 2nd gear and keep the revs around 2k in the suburbs. Once out on the main roads I let her rip. The MicronGP is one sweet looking and sounding pipe.

Same here with the Arrow headers and the micron GP serpent exhaust can. It sounds amazing and howls like a screaming banshee after 5k RPM. It is also rolling road tuned for that set up.

I replaced the front guard and rear tip with a carbon fiber units which dresses it up a bit, and I got rid of the passenger pegs/hanger because I don't ever ride with a passenger. That alone cleans up the bike.. A stock FZ1 has more than enough power for me.

medium800.jpg

Where did you get these carbon fiber caps from?
Looks great!

I have put an aftermarket pipe on just about every bike I have owned until now. I like the quiet sound of the stock exhaust on my 02. No reason to spend the cash on a slip on exhaust when I could spend it on suspension. Maybe it my age or just don't have to have a loud look at me exhaust.

Call me old but I have grown to be tired of loud exhausts. I have the scorpion, micron gp and the stocker. Scorpion is what I run most of the times as it is much quieter than micron. I don't run the Micron any more unless I just want to go terrorize the canyons. When I put the stocker a few times, I absolutely enjoyed the quiet. To think of it I ride faster with a quieter exhaust. The louder exhaust just makes you think you are going faster than you actually are.

Last edited:
I love my exhaust. It's a little louder now that is older. I wear ear plugs and bought some at a gas station during the rally because of getting drenched on arrival day. I pulled over twice thinking there was something wrong with my bike. It was suddenly a lot louder. As soon as I saw Wal-Mart, pulled in and got my usual plugs and everything was back to normal.

Not good for all day but okay for an hour or so. Ordered a repack kit to install whenever I get a rivet tool.

As usual with me it's about the look. Stock was all right but too long on the gen 1. Can't say I could feel any difference because the slip on is lighter.

My first slip on was the yosh trs that's a slightly louder than stock until you get the revs up. I liked that too.

Back