EXUP cable reattachment

kevlm

Can someone do me a big favor? I am putting my stock exhaust can back on. I forgot how the cables from the servo to the EXUP valve go. Does the top cable on the servo go to the the top connection of the valve or to the bottom connection of the valve? And then obviously the other cable would go to the other valve connection. If someone could look at their cable routing and let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Can someone do me a big favor? I am putting my stock exhaust can back on. I forgot how the cables from the servo to the EXUP valve go. Does the top cable on the servo go to the the top connection of the valve or to the bottom connection of the valve? And then obviously the other cable would go to the other valve connection. If someone could look at their cable routing and let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I just did my EXUP adjustment this morning as a matter of fact and if I remember correctly, the top cable controls the bottom hole on the valve and the bottom cable controls the top hole on the valve. I should say that by bottom hole I mean the rear most hole on the valve and the top hole I mean the forward most hole on the valve. My bike is a first generation bike I should mention. Hopefully someone else will verify this for us, or you can follow this link for an in depth lesson on EXUP Valves.........

http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/exupmaintenance.html

Yes, according to the service manual the cables DO NOT cross, the top one at the muffler is also the top at the EXUP motor and the same with the bottom. I saved all yparts when I changed out the muffler. May I ask why you are going back to the original?

Yes, according to the service manual the cables DO NOT cross, the top one at the muffler is also the top at the EXUP motor and the same with the bottom. I saved all yparts when I changed out the muffler. May I ask why you are going back to the original?

I bought a used Yosh TRC slip-on about 500 miles into my 09 FZ1. I'm going to send it back to Yoshimura over the winter to resleeve it and I was curious as to the performance of the stock exhaust with the EXUP since I really didn't get to try it before the slip-on cause it wasn't broken in yet.

I might need to put my stock can back on for inspection next June. I'm considering just wiring the EXUP valve fully open and not outting the cables on. I'm going to try inspection with the Two Bros and the P4 tip installed first though. Maybe I'll just slip the guy an extra $20 with my registration. ;)

If you want the EXUP fully open for the inspection, just reinstall the stock can. The valve is spring loaded open by default.

I'm basically just trying to figure out if the EXUP valve is supposed to be open or closed after it cycles when you turn the key on.

If you want the EXUP fully open for the inspection, just reinstall the stock can. The valve is spring loaded open by default.

I'm basically just trying to figure out if the EXUP valve is supposed to be open or closed after it cycles when you turn the key on.

The valve will be open after it cycles with the key. I think Yamaha merely installed that valve to pass some sort of noise test at a certain RPM.

If you're going to put the slip-on again I wouldn't even bother connecting the cables on the stock exhaust. You're not going to hurt anything by leaving them off and will save yourself some work.

Disconnect of EXUP on Stock Muffler

I run my 07 without the EXUP cables and the bike runs perfectly fine, with just a slightly louder low RPM growl, my only concern is if the spring gets weak could the exhaust pressure cause the valve to flap or close?

Thanks

I run my 07 without the EXUP cables and the bike runs perfectly fine, with just a slightly louder low RPM growl, my only concern is if the spring gets weak could the exhaust pressure cause the valve to flap or close?

Thanks

Don't see how the spring would get weak since it's not cycling open/close. I wouldn't worry about it...

Back