F/S: FZ1, R1, R6 Swingarm Spools

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJFZ1

I have for sale sets (two per set) of aluminum swingarm spools. These are black anodized and come with stainless steel mounting hardware. Since these use 6mm bolts they will fit the Gen II FZ1, R1 and R6. All that is needed to mount them is a 5mm Allen key. I would also recommend a dab of blue Loctite to help keep them in place. ***ALL GONE***. If you want a set send PM with your email address and I will send PayPal invoice ;) Pics below:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Oh ya, I remember. You making it a FJRLite! I tried that, but the naked look was much more aggressive than the full faired tourer look. So sold the fairings, got the CF bellypan instead, still kept the Givi V35s and Shad 50.

Anybody else want a set of these? if you do just send me a PM with your email address and I will send PayPal invoice...thanks.

I almost don't want to ask how/why you have 27 sets of these Tony. Yes, I am interested but let me work on this. Please set aside one pair for me? Thanks!

I received and installed mine today, they look nice! Just a quick word of advice to those that buy a set, make note that one bolt is longer than the other so there is a "left" and "right" spool. I didn't notice this in my haste to install them and I might have stripped the threads on the swingarm if I didn't catch my mistake in time!

I received and installed mine today, they look nice! Just a quick word of advice to those that buy a set, make note that one bolt is longer than the other so there is a "left" and "right" spool. I didn't notice this in my haste to install them and I might have stripped the threads on the swingarm if I didn't catch my mistake in time!

Glad you're happy with them. They are very nicely made indeed :D As for the length of the bolts they both should have been the same. I just checked a few of the other sets I have here and both bolts are the same. I guess somehow a longer bolt got put into one of yours and I didn't notice it since it was already bagged. Sorry about that...

Anybody else want/need a set? ;) I can ship out tomorrow.

Glad you're happy with them. They are very nicely made indeed :D As for the length of the bolts they both should have been the same. I just checked a few of the other sets I have here and both bolts are the same. I guess somehow a longer bolt got put into one of yours and I didn't notice it since it was already bagged. Sorry about that...

Anybody else want/need a set? ;) I can ship out tomorrow.

I think I worded it poorly... I believe the bolts are the same length, but the recessed area in one of the spools is deeper than the other, effectively letting more of the bolt "stick out" than on the other spool. Should the depth of the bolt hole on both spools be identical?

I have not looked but just assumed that both side would be the same. I'll be sure to look carefully when I do get a set from Tony and install them. Thanks Raven!

I have not looked but just assumed that both side would be the same. I'll be sure to look carefully when I do get a set from Tony and install them. Thanks Raven!

Let me know what you find after receiving yours please. In the pictures at the beginning of this thread it appears that the bolt goes the same depth into both spools, but this was not the case for me. If you check the depth of the holes on your swingarm I think you will find that the one on the left side of the bike is shallower than on the right.

I think I worded it poorly... I believe the bolts are the same length, but the recessed area in one of the spools is deeper than the other, effectively letting more of the bolt "stick out" than on the other spool. Should the depth of the bolt hole on both spools be identical?

Both spools should be the same. There is the possibility that one hole was machined a little deeper when the spool was made. And I never really checked the swingarm to see if there was any difference in the depth of the threaded hole. I only unpacked the one set of spools that I used to take pictures of on my bike. I will take a look at them later again, but they both looked the same to me.

Both spools should be the same. There is the possibility that one hole was machined a little deeper when the spool was made. And I never really checked the swingarm to see if there was any difference in the depth of the threaded hole. I only unpacked the one set of spools that I used to take pictures of on my bike. I will take a look at them later again, but they both looked the same to me.

I'm thinking one of my spools must have been intended for a different bike as the hole is larger diameter and significantly deeper than on the other. Here are some pictures to illustrate:
Oversized:
e8126dbe.jpg

9cd77250.jpg

Correct:
13bdbebc.jpg

dadd5d7b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back