fastest you've had your fz1???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwilkins21

im just curious to all you out there how fast have you had your fz1's? i got my gen II up to 151 pretty easily (finally got ballsy) lol what are they supposed to top out at?

found a nice stretch of road the other day and decided to see what 150 felt like. found out....scary. i think i had a couple grand left in the RPM range so who knows what it would top out at. not sure i'll do it again. had it dyno'd with a stock exhaust and i'm getting 131.8 hp. good enough for me!! you have any mods?

Stock the bike will do 155-157 MPH (actual not indicated by the way). Modified with the usual mods (exhaust, modified air box, PC III, etc) you should see around 165-167 MPH actual. I've only done about 130 MPH on my FZ1 so far, but I've gone 165 MPH before on another bike.

How Fast

I believe there is one stretch of I-271 where the speed was 110 mph, but that was under perfect conditions. And my throttle seemed to be somewhat loose that day. It has since been rectified. :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

155mph on stock 08---145mph 2-up

After changing front gear to 16 tooth and gutting front cat 161mph--but there was more room--and the speed is overstated due to gear change

will now be changing over the cat back pipe for a new Leo Vince carbon

got my 2009 up to 127 on a back road outside of Wooster Ohio. Pretty hilly and winding. It had way too much left in the throttle. My bike has the PCIII and slip on exhaust. Going to do the airbox this weekend.:eek5:

162mph once according to the spedo. Some kid in a mustang cobra svt came up next to me when I was cruising at 90mph. He was bending the firewall at 155, I waved and shifted into 6th. Bike felt stable but my legs wanted to sucked off the sides of the bike, but it still had more, never again, but it was fun.

Two weeks ago coming home with CanonFuji I hit 135mph on one section of road which I won't name. Not the fastest I've been but definitely the fastest on the FZ.

135MPH And you talk about me, you need to slow your ass down. I don't ride like that. What's posted is what I do. :rmwl:

I've had my FZ to only about 110. I've had other bikes a lot faster (1984 900R Ninja registered a tad over 160 one night on I-75 with all dials pegged and I was "on the tank". Then I had a thought. What if a deer ran out in front of me? Would have been one mess. Never tried that one again. I live in White Tail country and those buggers are impossible to figure out. They may decide to run out in front of you or go the other way, no way to tell. They sure bend a lot of vehicles in northern Michigan.

~130 in 5th ran out of road and cajones. Probably won't see again for some time unless a track has a long enough straightaway to get there. Too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable out on the street.

Adam

Oh that explains it! :D

Don't knock the 15/47 .... it actually INCREASED my top speed... with stock gearing, I couldn't hit redline in 6th... so.. that's all wasted RPM, and I was topping out at a radar verified 147mph.... with 15/47, I can bury redline... and hit a radar verified 154.9mph so... it has it's advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back