fastest you've had your fz1???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't knock the 15/47 .... it actually INCREASED my top speed... with stock gearing, I couldn't hit redline in 6th... so.. that's all wasted RPM, and I was topping out at a radar verified 147mph.... with 15/47, I can bury redline... and hit a radar verified 154.9mph so... it has it's advantages.

I wasn't knocking it! I was just saying how it explains being to pull 12.5k RPM in 6th gear that's all.

My eyes were tearing. so I couldn't tell. But, when they pulled my bike out of the tree, the speedo was pinned far right.
No...really. About 120mph. What amazes me is how many times I'll pass and hit triple digits. Granted, I'm passing much more quickly than required, but, above 6.5K rpm, this bike really accelerates quickly.:D

No place to really run it out here... I did hit a GPS sustained 131 mph once. Didn't feel like it was THAT fast but I have to trust it. I've hit 105 - 110 on the GPS several times though.

I was hoping someone would say 180mph. My friend did 187mph indicated on R1 and 162 on R6. I had my FZ6 to 150 so I hope to see more from FZ1. Should know after a track day.

160 on speedo, however, I have a 48 rear sprocket and the speedo is off, I know for sure. However, with the sprocket change it had plenty of power and would have kept on going in my opinion. No idea what the real speed is. I think I am going to try a gps and see what is says. I am shocked at how much more roll on there is on the interstate at speeds above 90 mph.

I've had mine to 165, but that was before all the mods. Not sure about now? It's pretty tough to bring it higher than that because of lack of long straight aways, that are not car/cop infested. It was a little wicked, but there was no one else around. I would never ride that fast around other cars.

This coming weekend if the weather holds out, my rear plate is coming off, and i'm coming out 6am to make a real go at reaching 180mph.

I'll keep you apdated.

With an FZ1N you may see 180 KPH, but you'll never see 180 MPH, whether actual or indicated. Good luck in your quest.

Close

I have seen a video on u-tube of a gen 2 doing an indicated 277 kph. I have had mine at 190kph with lots of rpm to spare. 277kph is aprox.171 mph. The last 9 mph should be do-able. Speedometer error not withstanding.:Liar:

I have seen a video on u-tube of a gen 2 doing an indicated 277 kph. I have had mine at 190kph with lots of rpm to spare. 277kph is aprox.171 mph. The last 9 mph should be do-able. Speedometer error not withstanding.:Liar:

On an FZ1N, where the N stands for naked! Sorry, but never going to happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back