Feeler: Trade my 2007 Suzki DR650 Supermoto + Cash for your FI FZ1?

schleppy

As absurdly fun as my DR is, I think I want to get a FZ1. I want to be able to do two up more, and I miss having a "big" bike.

If anyone has even the slightest interest in this please post here or PM me. I'll give you the full breakdown on my DR.

Here are all the mods on the DR:
17” Excel Supermoto wheels on OEM hubs
Speedo converter for the 17” wheels
Avon Distanzia (Supermoto compound) tires
Dynojet Jet Kit
GSRX 1000 Ti muffler and Keintech mid pipe (quiet, beautiful, and light setup).
Airbox mod
Upper chain roller removed, lower roller replaced with higher quality unit
Head pipe weld ground down and smoothed
Extended mixture screw
Valve adjustment kit
Stainless steel front brake line
Acerbis Supermoto front fender (white)
IMS 4.9 gallon gas tank
Orange Moose handlebars (same dimensions as stock)
DR350 Small tail light
Wider footpegs (IMS Style)
Rear rack (not installed currently)
Kickstand and clutch switch disabled (they can fail at bad times and are best removed)
Pre-wired for a Garmin Zumo (if you want me to leave the wiring)

Older pic (different tank, exhaust, bars, and other bits removed on the bike now), but high quality:
IMG_0007.JPG

Last edited:
Definitely need pics!

Also, what do you feel she is worth? You already know that more often than not, mods don't fetch much money. Most folks put the ride back to stock and sell off the mods as they are worth more to like riders who appreciate them.

However, someone here might like the setup and have an older Gen II that they would trade up. As much as I would like a motard to toy with, mine is too new, too well loved and too custom to want to part with. Perhaps some day, I'll add a motard to the stable for around-town fun!

Definitely need pics!

Also, what do you feel she is worth? You already know that more often than not, mods don't fetch much money. Most folks put the ride back to stock and sell off the mods as they are worth more to like riders who appreciate them.

I will try and get a couple pics up soon. I actually don't have many recent photos.

A majority of the mods I consider "must have" and wouldn't charge the next owner for (jetting, airbox mod, gas tank, exhaust, etc etc). The wheels are the only really valuable piece on there (worth over $1k). I know mods are pretty much worthless once it comes time to sell/trade, so I'm going to be very realistic about what I want to get.

If I could get around $3500 for it as it stands now I'd be happy. That's the kbb retails asking price of a stock bike, and I'd be including every single mod left on the bike (plus all stock parts). If the buyer didn't want the sumo wheels I'd be happy to put the stock wheels/tires back on (they are absolutely mint) and knock a chunk off.

Like I said, I'm pretty flexible on this. Thanks for the interest so far gang!

$3500? Now we're talking! Now we need pics! :D

How I wish I had more disposable income.....

Dual sports are a blast, so easy to flick around, and you just don't worry about it when the road turns to garbage. Every rider should get out and play on one from time to time. The DR is a very capable off road bike and pretty good onroad as well, just not for old guys, that ride all day.;)

Hey you got a beautiful bike there.:wow:

I traded my FZ1 for a new 08 DR650(Black - looks like yours except for the white fender and sumo tyres). I have many of the mods that you have too. But just a few weeks ago I got a good deal on an FZ1 and grabbed it. I enjoy both my bikes and appreciate them more now.

Both of them are different animals and give you an almost completely different ride. If at all possible keep the DR and buy an FZ1 as there are some awesome deals out there. Else you may want to buy another DR again.

Post up more pics and that will actually attract more buyers.

And if you want to part out the Sumo tires, let me know your price(PM is fine). I have already exceeded my farkle cash limit this year...but will see if I can dig up some buried treasures...:smokin2:

As absurdly fun as my DR is, I think I want to get a FZ1. I want to be able to do two up more, and I miss having a "big" bike.

If anyone has even the slightest interest in this please post here or PM me. I'll give you the full breakdown on my DR.

Here are all the mods on the DR:
17” Excel Supermoto wheels on OEM hubs
Speedo converter for the 17” wheels
Avon Distanzia (Supermoto compound) tires
Dynojet Jet Kit
GSRX 1000 Ti muffler and Keintech mid pipe (quiet, beautiful, and light setup).
Airbox mod
Upper chain roller removed, lower roller replaced with higher quality unit
Head pipe weld ground down and smoothed
Extended mixture screw
Valve adjustment kit
Stainless steel front brake line
Acerbis Supermoto front fender (white)
IMS 4.9 gallon gas tank
Orange Moose handlebars (same dimensions as stock)
DR350 Small tail light
Wider footpegs (IMS Style)
Rear rack (not installed currently)
Kickstand and clutch switch disabled (they can fail at bad times and are best removed)
Pre-wired for a Garmin Zumo (if you want me to leave the wiring)

Older pic (different tank, exhaust, bars, and other bits removed on the bike now), but high quality:
IMG_0007.JPG
:wow:

Back