Finally pulled the trigger and bought my new toy!

Well, for those of you that remember all my random thoughts between a few different bikes, I finally pulled the trigger. Basically my wife said "Merry Christmas" and sent me to pick her up.

Couldn't be happier!

Still, I blame Billy (FZ1RiderNY) for this move. I called him to have him talk me out of it but he did the opposite!

For all those that gave me their input over time on whether or not to pull the trigger thanks for your input.

2015 KTM 1290 Super Duke R!

I have the best wife!

Attachments

• 20151206_152752.jpg
    20151206_152752.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 20151206_152743.jpg
    20151206_152743.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20151206_152726.jpg
    20151206_152726.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 105
  • 20151206_152734.jpg
    20151206_152734.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
hmmmm.....there's a bit more orange on the site these days, KTM must be doing something right! Or are you all Bronc's fans now? ;)
Congrats on the new toy Brian

Thanks all you guys and girls! I'll definitely try to stay out of jail. Hopefully I can save the shenanigans for track days.

Lonney, I'm sure we'll get a ride in soon. Just need the weather to cooperate.

As far as saving money on front tires, I figure buying all those rears will balance it out!

I'll try to post a ride review soon. I've put about 130 miles on her with full gear on. Don't know if I should hold out until after she's broken in to really be able to review the beast.

Also on a side note, my wife is great. I guess with her riding her Ducati she had to let me go for it.

So far I can say it's way more comfy than the Aprilia Tuono V4 I was considering. Like night and day differences between the two.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

b

Orange is the new green or something like that. Welcome to the KTM fold, just break it in like KTM wants and then have a blast. I have been flogging my 990 for the past 25,000 miles and it runs great- their motor likes to be abused ;)

Hello all, I'd like to take total credit for this purchase if I may. All it took was a short phone call from Brian while I was driving home from work. After some math calculations done in my head it was decided.........by myself at least! Hahahahahaha!!! Can't wait till Saturday when I can take a quick spin around the block. I'm bringing my GoPro!

P.S. Sorry Brian but I couldn't possibly talk you out of this deal.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/7cc74643abd13d939b79fa89ffea86ee.jpg[/IMG
Ok i got my early Christmas present !!
Not the bike but i did get a nice hour long ride [emoji7]
Brian let me ride his bike and i did not take it above 5000 rpm i could tell the power was plenty .
The most surprising thing to me was how comfy this bike is!!
Not only was this THE MOST COMFY SPORTBIKE i have ever ridden it was one of the most comfy bikes period .
This bike oozes quality. The rims, tank , bars, seat it ALL SEXY !!
For all you guys waiting for the new FZ1 to come out ..... FORGETABOUTIT !!
I AM ONE BIG SMILE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3e44665c6dafe924664a2c89eb7bd41a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to hear you liked it Lonney! You looked good on her. It was nice to see you on one of my bikes without being in pain.

And yes, Billy does have to take some responsibility for this one.

260 miles on her and counting. Installed the fender eliminator after my ride with Lonney today. Couldn't stand looking at it.

b

Back