Finished Footrest Modification

Here's a few pics of my finished stock footrest mod. Filed 90 degrees across to create extra grip and secured with countersunk stainless steel screws with nuts and lockwashers underneath. Total cost about $10. Very grippy,no extra vibration and I like the extra inch of leg room. Cheers:tup:

Here's a few pics of my finished stock footrest mod. Filed 90 degrees across to create extra grip and secured with countersunk stainless steel screws with nuts and lockwashers underneath. Total cost about $10. Very grippy,no extra vibration and I like the extra inch of leg room. Cheers:tup:

Oops!! Forgot to add the pics!!:doh2:

There used to be a guy on the FZ6 forum that was creating these but they were crowned instead of flat and threaded in the base to accept small SS bolts. I had them on my '08 FZ6 and had I known they ALSO fit an FZ1, I'd have removed them and put the rubbers back on!

Looks good! Nice work!

So what exactly was done here? Just removed the rubber top?
You mention no extra vibration but do you miss the rubber/soft on your sole at all?

Basically, yes, top rubber removed. No, rubber gone is great for me. I wear leather off road boots - I found the rubber a real pain. My original post is as follows -

The aluminum plate is 3.5mm thick and is actually heavy duty carpet edging. Bunnings keep a good stock of aluminum plate and trims. If you try to remove your rubber peg covers you will need an impact screwdriver - I used the type you wack with a hammer. Sounds severe but necessary. The Phillips heads under the pegs have been fitted with loctite. The plate was cut with a fine blade in my angle grinder and filed to fit. At the minute superglued on so I can drill up the holes, countersink and fit a nice discreet good looking bolt (flush) with nut and lock washer underneath. A used set of R1 or R6 pegs were $70 + and required a bit of work to fit plus the stock peg would be destroyed as it is pinned - no circlip. I just wanted an extra 1 inch of legroom (plus they look ok too!!) Cheers.

There used to be a guy on the FZ6 forum that was creating these but they were crowned instead of flat and threaded in the base to accept small SS bolts. I had them on my '08 FZ6 and had I known they ALSO fit an FZ1, I'd have removed them and put the rubbers back on!

Looks good! Nice work!

Eric, I had luckyirishboys's foot peg inserts on my FZ6 too. Unfortunately, I sold them a few months ago after putting aftermarket rear sets on (and then promptly sold the bike...lol). If I'd known I was going to be moving to the FZ1 so soon, I'd have kept them! Darn! They're nearly impossible to find now and I don't think he makes them anymore.

Back