First Hand Gun

I got the 9mm. I think the thumb safety is a non-issue as it is a striker fired DAO with all the same safeties as the other strikers. The thumb safety, I believe, is there for those that prefer the appendix carry. Regardless it is so easy to disengage but difficult to accidently engage that it won't hamper a serious situation. Besides, I'm so used to a thumb safety from my .45 that my thumb automatically goes there.

The gun shoots like a full size.

Last edited:
I finally cleaned the Glock 19 and Walther PPS (9mm). They were dirty, but not anymore. I took the slide apart on the Glock, but not the Walther. Next time.
5u4uhyge.jpg

After I shot my friend's CZ 75 I knew I had to have one. Picked up a brand new CZ 75 B as soon as my tax return came in. As much as I'd be ok with carrying a polymer pistol, I'm really thinking of getting the CZ 2075 RAMI subcompact with the decocker option. I somewhat regret not getting the decocker CZ 75 BD but it's mostly a range queen and nightstand gun, In fact i've got it within arm's reach right now. I still want a Beretta 92 but I think I'm going into AK's or a VZ next time around. I've gotten into airsoft and pellet rifles lately to curb my appetite for shooting since all this ammo price BS started. I even bought a red ryder BB gun just for kicks last week - haven't owned one in probably 15 years! :D

oja4p.jpg

Attachments

• oja4p.jpg
    oja4p.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 34
My wife and I just passed our IL CCW class this weekend. 16 hours total, with the first 8 hr day being the NRA basic pistol class and the 2nd 8 hr day defensive pistol. I have to send everything into the state police and wait on processing. It may be several months before we get out permits. It was a good experience.

My wife and I just passed our IL CCW class this weekend. 16 hours total, with the first 8 hr day being the NRA basic pistol class and the 2nd 8 hr day defensive pistol. I have to send everything into the state police and wait on processing. It may be several months before we get out permits. It was a good experience.

If you submitted fingerprints it may take only a month. If not, then up to three months.

PS: The Shield is now available without a manual safety.

If you submitted fingerprints it may take only a month. If not, then up to three months.

PS: The Shield is now available without a manual safety.

I'm excited about the Shield with out a safety! Now do I stick with 9mm or go 40 cal?

Due to money constraints, I won't be applying to the state for a bit, and I'm NOT submitting fingerprints. It may be 2015 before I get my permit, but I'm fine with that.

Your choice. One less round with the 40 (7+1) vs 9 (8+1). I know that many Shield users buy the 40 and then buy a 9mm barrel and mags to use both calibers. I just have the 9. It carries well, slim and shoots like a much bigger/heavier pistol.

I went with the fingerprints since mine are already on file with the gov when I was a licensed securities broker.

My first pistol was a Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag, followed by 2 Redhawks,, then came a pair of Vaqueros in .45 Colt, a pair of Schofields in .45 Colt, a pair of Security Sixes in .22, a 1911, a PT 145, a LCP, a H&R in .38 S&W, and a Cobra derringer in .38 Special. The PT145 and the LCP are for daily carry.

Back