First Off Road Ride

Those tires won't exactly inspire confidence in the gravel but you will get used to it. When you wear them out try a set of Heidenau (K-60 ) they are really good, and long lasting. You can still drag your pegs on the street and give good traction in the dirt / gravel.

Once you start getting off the beaten track, and can go as fast as you like (it always feels faster off road than it really is), and have next to no traffic to deal with, you'll get hooked. :Rockon:

These bikes always look a bit better with dust and dirt on them, yours is no exception.

Today was a nice bonding ride, about 110 miles. I'll need a couple more of these. I cruised I35 at 85, poked along on a gravel/dirt road at 30, and found some "okay" roads to try the handling out on.

Overall I am just shocked at how much this bike pushes all of the right buttons. Tuono fast? No. R6 handling? No. Fun to ride? YES!!!!

The brakes are rock solid, wonderful feed back. On the dirt road I played around with the ABS. It will cut in, but is very smooth.

The suspension is very nice too for my weight. The damping is spot on. Over dirt wash board roads, there is NO kick back. It simply tracks. I was really surprised.

I found that with the huge amount of torque, about 80 foot pounds off idle, I simply put the bike into 3rd a putted down the gravel road at 30 mph. That is about 2,800 rpm. At the same time I could grab a hand full and spin the rear tire up. What I like is the tire stays in line. Very controlled.

The exhaust tone is like no other. Think (dare I say) Harley + Ducati + oh never mind, it's a Moto Guzzi! The sound is stunning!

I pulled into Pop's, (a local Okie stop on Route 66) and a HD guy said, "I didn't know Moto Guzzi mades bikes like that. Very nice." Not that I care what an HD guy thinks, but the bike is really handsome.

A few photos to come...

Last edited:
So today I went wondering. Because West, North, and South of OKC is flat as the proverbial pancake, I decided to ride East.

Up I35 to old US66 (Route 66) and see what I can find.

I stopped at Pop's to gas up, went by the Round Barn and on to Warwick, OK to the Seabastation Motorcycle Museum.

Here's a few photos....

<apparently I don't have permission to post photos on this forum...>

Last edited:
Those tires won't exactly inspire confidence in the gravel but you will get used to it. When you wear them out try a set of Heidenau (K-60 ) they are really good, and long lasting. You can still drag your pegs on the street and give good traction in the dirt / gravel.

Once you start getting off the beaten track, and can go as fast as you like (it always feels faster off road than it really is), and have next to no traffic to deal with, you'll get hooked. :Rockon:

These bikes always look a bit better with dust and dirt on them, yours is no exception.

The K60 is what I plan to get!

Okay, let's try today's photos again.

View attachment 16409

~1909 Pope Board Track Motor

View attachment 16410

1973 RD350

View attachment 16411

OLD Plastic Boots. Remember the old Scott ski boots???

View attachment 16412

View attachment 16413

1969 to 1970 Yamaha TD1?

View attachment 16414

1969-ish Honda Dream (this bike looked brand new)

View attachment 16415

1971-ish Triumph Bonni...never opened, nor assembled.

View attachment 16416

Moto Guzzi CARC Rearend with OK Red Dirt

View attachment 16417

~ 1909 Pope Board Tracker

Last edited:

I agree, the tires are s bit sketchy but better in the dirt thsn my Corso Rossos.

I see that Avon has a 70/30 tire. I wonder if that is worth getting. Remember than I've got 100's of miles of slab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back