Footpeg Rubbers?

MrHix

Well,

Maybe not the best title, but here goes.

Can you get firmer rubber grommets for mounting the stock rider footpegs/shifter/rear brake? My pegs move too much (maybe it is my massive 145 lbs?). I like the vibration damping, but not as much as I am getting now.

Thanks for any help!

MrHix

I swapped sides on the washers under the rearsets mount bolts, and then I swapped the rubbers for FZ6 type. Fixed.

I got the FZ6 rubber pads for a little extra legroom, but went and bought ss washers at Home Depot instead. I guess turning around the stock washers works, but I didn't like the way they looked with the rubber on the outside, plus the ss washers were cheap enough...

I hated the rubber footpegs. Rubber footpegs on sport bike "maybe in the 80s", what were Yamaha thinking? cost- cutting?. These were the first things to get the axe on the FZ1. I replaced with aftermarket pegs but i have since replaced them with rearsets Ottimoto $250 off fleebay, cant go wrong for that price.

I hated the rubber footpegs. Rubber footpegs on sport bike "maybe in the 80s", what were Yamaha thinking? cost- cutting?. These were the first things to get the axe on the FZ1. I replaced with aftermarket pegs but i have since replaced them with rearsets Ottimoto $250 off fleebay, cant go wrong for that price.

I agree with you. There was no need for Yamaha to make the footpeg mounts so flexible, especially on a bike that doesn't suffer from a lot of vibrations. While aftermarket rear sets are a nice option the "washer mod" gets rid of the majority of the flex for only a couple of dollars.

Don't be a fool, Timmy, wrap your tool!

Appologies but I couldn't help myself. On topic though I'll be making a trip to the Depot this weekend and doing this. Thanks for the tip!

..., and then I swapped the rubbers for FZ6 type. Fixed.

I know this is under Gen-II mods, but does the footpeg rubber replacement also work on Gen-I's? Are Gen-I and Gen-II stock pegs the same?

:confused0024:

I'd love to replace my sooper-squishy ribbed rubbers for something else!

Back