Fork springs ordered!

Jamieb

Just got off the phone with Traxxion Dynamics! My weight matched fork springs and new oil are on the way. Can't wait to get this installed and be ready for my Penske 8983! Anybody else replace their springs? How do you like them?

I should have them monday and installed by the weekend. I will let you know the difference. I am very interested since this bike is sprung for a 170lb rider and I weigh 250.

Unfortunately no. I am doing the fork springs and oil first then,,,,,,,,, when I squirrel enough money away, or do something really nice for the wife, I will get the Penske. I have been thinking about an Ohlins or a Wilbers though. I have hard bags that are on and off the bike, it would be nice to have a hydraulic preload adjuster. Penske doesn't offer one.

Unfortunately no. I am doing the fork springs and oil first then,,,,,,,,, when I squirrel enough money away, or do something really nice for the wife, I will get the Penske. I have been thinking about an Ohlins or a Wilbers though. I have hard bags that are on and off the bike, it would be nice to have a hydraulic preload adjuster. Penske doesn't offer one.

Yes, a hydraulic preload adjuster is very nice if you often change the load on the bike and need to adjust the rear preload. This is especially true with hard bags or a passenger.

Springs and spacers arrived today, now just have to come up with the time to change everything out. I will check back in when I get them replaced and give a report.

Finally got the time to finish the spring install today, The first fork took 3 hours the second took 30 minutes. I should have taken pics and done a how to but I didn't, sorry. If anyone wants any tips or what special tools you need PM me or post up I will tell you anything that I know. I will go for a ride tomorrow and post my results!

New springs are great! Having the proper spring for my weight has allowed me to back off on the compression and rebound damping and have the proper sag. It is fantastic, the only problem is it highlights even more how bad the rear shock is. Time to start saving for the penske!

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

I know the bike is not sprung for a guy like me (umm big... and umm... heavy), but I'm trying my hardest to not think about upgrading these components right now for funding purposes... I just got a whole bunch of other things, like the FZ1 itself, new windows for the home...

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

I know the bike is not sprung for a guy like me (umm big... and umm... heavy), but I'm trying my hardest to not think about upgrading these components right now for funding purposes... I just got a whole bunch of other things, like the FZ1 itself, new windows for the home...

The springs, oil, and Shipping to FL from Traxxion Dynamics came up to $150. I think this is a great upgrade for a pretty low price. If you have a decent set of tools and know how you will be able to do this yourself. Well worth it!

Back