Former Fz6 rider, NOWWWWW, Finally an Fz1 Rider

Oh man, shitty deal. I'm just glad you're here to tell the tale. Some people don't get off so lucky, as you well know. :(

I hope you have a speedy recovery and will seriously consider some riding schools before you get back on the bike again.

I had planned on going to the 2nd Basic Riders Course tomorrow, gonna have to wait a month.

I just watched the crash footage. TOTAL SQUID, I take off on a straight, for some stupid reason I crack the throttle, come up to a corner, target fixate, brake, stand it up off in the dust. Keith Code video couldn't have even filmed it better.

I'd have to give myself a thumbs down for idiot of the day. And the crazy thing is I want to skip out of work and go home to fix her up and go for another ride.

You have this on video?

Yes, I'm almost too embarrased to post it. COMPLETE SQUID.

I screwed up all around, went too fast shifted into second, saw the corner too late as I had already shifted into Survival Reaction Tunnel Vision, didn't brake hard enough. Just Froze. My last accident was an accident, this was just me being stupid and not respecting the bike or knowing what it was I was doing in order to respect it.

I had put my GoPro on my buddies bike behind me.

I watch youtube all of the time I can handle it!
I told you befoer your accident was classic. I could tell you a hundred times over what happened without even being there. It happened again your not the first and wont be the last.
Dont get me wrong you shouldnt have been 20,095 and 20,096 but anyhow it happend learn from one of them and ride on.

As I'm sitting here and my thumb is getting more painful, I can't but help and think the right tool is needed for the right application.

My Fz6 would have been better suited on the ride we took today (I'm gonna buy it back from the insurance auction on Monday, LOL, hopefully dirt cheap). The Fz1 would be better for the ride I have planned for next Saturday. I'm also tempted to get a DRZ400sm just to braap about and get the feel for it better without the chance of a sudden rush of torque because the rpm crept past 5000. I'm sorry, but I got much more respect for you Fz1 riders have stayed shiny side up. The bike just gets up and goes really fast, really quick.

Oh man, too bad bud. Sorry to hear that you went down. Just think of it now as a learning experience. Don't be too hard on yourself. It happens to the best of us out there. Hopefully the bike isn't trashed too much and is mechanically sound. Bodywork can be replaced. Heal up quick and get back on the horse. Don't let it deter you from riding it again.

As I'm sitting here and my thumb is getting more painful, I can't but help and think the right tool is needed for the right application.

My Fz6 would have been better suited on the ride we took today (I'm gonna buy it back from the insurance auction on Monday, LOL, hopefully dirt cheap). The Fz1 would be better for the ride I have planned for next Saturday. I'm also tempted to get a DRZ400sm just to braap about and get the feel for it better without the chance of a sudden rush of torque because the rpm crept past 5000. I'm sorry, but I got much more respect for you Fz1 riders have stayed shiny side up. The bike just gets up and goes really fast, really quick.

The only tool that matters is the tool inside the rider's head. The reality is, you don't know how to ride a motorcycle, it's pretty obvious now. You have no idea what you're doing or have no self-control or something. You didn't even last a day on your FZ1!

You need to figure your shit out before you end up with more than a broken thumb. You're going to wind up dead at this rate. Nobody should crash this much this soon; it's not 'part of riding' and it doesn't 'just happen'.

Last edited:
now I'm the biggest a-hole. I managed to crash my bike this morning. riding some slowsharp twists and the torque curve came alive as every body warned me. too late I'm off on the sand again.

I'm just going to convert her to a naked and keep the battle scars to remind me to not be an a-hole

That sucks! Glad you are ok buddy!

I just watched the crash footage. TOTAL SQUID, I take off on a straight, for some stupid reason I crack the throttle, come up to a corner, target fixate, brake, stand it up off in the dust. Keith Code video couldn't have even filmed it better.

I'd have to give myself a thumbs down for idiot of the day. And the crazy thing is I want to skip out of work and go home to fix her up and go for another ride.

It takes a mature and responsible person/rider to reflect on an accident in the way you have. It is something I rarely see. My hat is off to you sir. Something like this will make you a better rider.

The only tool that matters is the tool inside the rider's head. The reality is, you don't know how to ride a motorcycle, it's pretty obvious now. You have no idea what you're doing or have no self-control or something. You didn't even last a day on your FZ1!

You need to figure your shit out before you end up with more than a broken thumb. You're going to wind up dead at this rate. Nobody should crash this much this soon; it's not 'part of riding' and it doesn't 'just happen'.

Agreed on most of that. I'm learning and not the best way.

Maybe I should take a break from it all, I just haven't found anything this enjoyable in a long time.

You're a smart guy, very diligent and very detail orientated. I imagine you're an excellent physician! :)

You've worked hard at this riding thing but you need to learn some self-control. Both while on the bike and off the bike. It would be a real shame if the world lost someone like you

Please give your head a shake before something bad happens.

Last edited:
You're a smart guy, very diligent and very detail orientated. I imagine you're an excellent physician! :)

You've worked hard at this riding thing but you need to learn some self-control. Both while on the bike and off the bike. It would be a real shame if the world lost someone like you

Please give your head a shake before something bad happens.

Yep, thats why im still riding my little over weight 600. Ill hurt myself with a big fast bike... talent is not an issue, the problem is somewhere between my brain and right wrist! LOL

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, thats why im still riding my little over weight 600. Ill hurt myself with a big fast bike... talent is not an issue, the problem is somewhere between my brain and right wrist! LOL

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

I would say the same the connection between my brain and right wrist in the giant soup of physics at play in the physical world.

The bike just takes off and I was not prepared. I'm starting to get down on myself, the last accident I didn't feel bad because it was a shit road, this was just me being an A-HOLE.

I'm very sorry to hear about this crash.
I admire the way you have attempted to analyze the previous crash and how you are working on this one - and particularly that you are willing to share it with this community - a very intimidating group under the circumstances.
Thanks for what you can share.
Take care of yourself. Get better.

Last edited:
Back