Former Fz6 rider, NOWWWWW, Finally an Fz1 Rider

Alright guys, I just got my bike today and I'm just grinning ear to ear being able to write this post. I'm pretty stoked and think there is a lot to love about the bike.

I went for a short little 50 mile jaunt to get a feel for her and HOLY $HIT the beast has balls. I had to fuel her up before riding down to the DMV to get her plate. I pulled out of the gas station and got on it just a little bit and looked down and I was going 65 with like 3000 RPM to go in first still.

I have an appreciation as to what many people commented on my other Thread about respecting the throttle and urging me to caution the desire to push it. I could feel the difference in pony power immediately and realize how easily it could get away from me if I'm not paying attention or get too silly. :gaming: In fact I was pulling off the main roadway across 3 lanes of traffic to a side road, I hit the little bump from the channel the water goes down between road and curb, I felt the front tire leave the ground for a second.

With all that said, I'm in love. The deeper rumble from the engine and the exhaust compared to the buzzy/vibey little 600 has me feeling like my balls finally dropped. The only question or concern I have is when I let off after a hard acceleration and just let the engine compression slow me down the bike almost makes a tin can in a dryer kind of sound. Any thoughts as to why that might be?

And for those of you that love pics, here ya go.

View attachment 12816 View attachment 12817

Nice! Welcome to the world of POWERRRRR! UNLIMITED POWER! Well not really but they will get up and go in a hurry. Its always a battle to resist those hooligan tendencies :teeter: The sound is likely the AIS doing its job of taking care of un-burnt fuel under hard deceleration. Congrats again she is a great looking ride.

Last edited:
+1 on the colour ,, nice looking bike ,
As for the noise , they arnt the quietest of engines to start with. .
Thats not to say your noise is normal

Uhhh what's AIS?

Air Induction System. Fast forward to 5:13. It adds fresh air to exhaust gases to burn left over fuel. Copperdawg folks are a great resource.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKpobkmydRY]FZ1 Video Tutorials - PC3, Airbox Mod and AIS Blocking - YouTube[/ame]

:ditto:

And Congrats on the new bike.
It's great for you that you are in a warmer climate, so you can still ride :(

Yeah it's about 40 right now, it may drop down to 38. It's a weird cold since there is no humidity compared to up north. I'm probably gonna put in at least 200 miles this weekend.

Yeah it's about 40 right now, it may drop down to 38. It's a weird cold since there is no humidity compared to up north. I'm probably gonna put in at least 200 miles this weekend.

We don't have much in the way of humidity either. Love that about Colorado. Have fun on your ride, be safe, and of course...take pictures (for those of us who currently have snow and can't ride!)

Hey. I'm glad things worked out. I know you kinda struggled with the dealer. Hope it wasn't too bad. Glad you went for the bigger bike. I think it's what he really wanted to ride.
It looks very very nice!

Maybe you'll give rides!?!

(maybe not) j k

Hey. I'm glad things worked out. I know you kinda struggled with the dealer. Hope it wasn't too bad. Glad you went for the bigger bike. I think it's what he really wanted to ride.
It looks very very nice!

Maybe you'll give rides!?!

(maybe not) j k

Yeah, I think I need to get like 10,000 miles under my belt before I take someone elses life in my hands on the back of a bike. Also my fat ass limits me to like 140 lbs of geared up passenger weight.

The dealer I'm still pissed about, they told me that the bike would be detailed when sent with a full tank of gas. It was neither. I'm probably going to take it to get steam cleaned, just because I'm kind of like that when I love something.

Yeah, I think I need to get like 10,000 miles under my belt before I take someone elses life in my hands on the back of a bike. Also my fat ass limits me to like 140 lbs of geared up passenger weight.

The dealer I'm still pissed about, they told me that the bike would be detailed when sent with a full tank of gas. It was neither. I'm probably going to take it to get steam cleaned, just because I'm kind of like that when I love something.

Hey... The steam cleaning will wash all traces of the dealer off... That's a great thing! Start fresh!

Alright guys, I just got my bike today and I'm just grinning ear to ear being able to write this post. I'm pretty stoked and think there is a lot to love about the bike.

I went for a short little 50 mile jaunt to get a feel for her and HOLY $HIT the beast has balls. I had to fuel her up before riding down to the DMV to get her plate. I pulled out of the gas station and got on it just a little bit and looked down and I was going 65 with like 3000 RPM to go in first still.

I have an appreciation as to what many people commented on my other Thread about respecting the throttle and urging me to caution the desire to push it. I could feel the difference in pony power immediately and realize how easily it could get away from me if I'm not paying attention or get too silly. :gaming: In fact I was pulling off the main roadway across 3 lanes of traffic to a side road, I hit the little bump from the channel the water goes down between road and curb, I felt the front tire leave the ground for a second.

With all that said, I'm in love. The deeper rumble from the engine and the exhaust compared to the buzzy/vibey little 600 has me feeling like my balls finally dropped. The only question or concern I have is when I let off after a hard acceleration and just let the engine compression slow me down the bike almost makes a tin can in a dryer kind of sound. Any thoughts as to why that might be?

And for those of you that love pics, here ya go.

View attachment 12816 View attachment 12817

Just wait until u put a power commander or juice box in her mate!! I put a juice box with some gnarly maps in mine today! Feels like a super sport now!

now I'm the biggest a-hole. I managed to crash my bike this morning. riding some slowsharp twists and the torque curve came alive as every body warned me. too late I'm off on the sand again.

I'm just going to convert her to a naked and keep the battle scars to remind me to not be an a-hole

You have to be kidding!!!!

Please say "Bazinga"!

I wish, I think I'm ok, I may have broke my left thumb, gonna wait till monday to go get cheap xrays. I hit my tank bag real hard so I'm watching my abdomen for swelling. The main difference between a 600 and a 1000 is when you go off the road on a 600 its 10 mph, on a 1000 it's 25 mph.

Oh man, shitty deal. I'm just glad you're here to tell the tale. Some people don't get off so lucky, as you well know. :(

I hope you have a speedy recovery and will seriously consider some riding schools before you get back on the bike again.

Last edited:
Back