Fraud?

Hey guys, does this sound like a fraud to you? I am selling my cruiser and this is the response I got from someone that inquired about it. I have left his name and phone number out of this post. You reponse would be appreciated.

Hi

How are you today? Hope you are great. My client and I are based in England. My client informed me that the motorcycle would be shipped to his daughter who resides in Canada. He is buying it to present as a wedding gift to his daughter and son in-law whom he missed their wedding ceremony because of his health condition.

I am very happy to tell you that we have concluded with our client and he has instructed me to carry on with the transaction. He said that I should inform you that the payment will get to you in a cashier check of ($9,800) which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client.

Due to company policy, this check has to be made out in this amount ($9,800) to you, because company policy only allows a refund payment on one cashier check, so you are required to deduct cost of your motorcycle ($5,500] when the payment gets to you and refund balance [$4,300] to my customer's Agent, for the agent to be able to offset all shipping and handling bills, clear off taxes and offset all related cost for the Motorcycle pickup.

After payment has reached you and balance sent back to his agent - the agent would contact the PICKUP AGENT-who will come for the pickup of the Motorcycle to be shipped to my client. My client is making necessary arrangement with some of the agent(s) and will provide me with the pickup/test driver agent information as soon as he decides whom to use as an Agent for the pickup of the Motorcycle.

Please confirm this whole arrangement and provide the details below for check payment to be delivered to you.

PAYMENT INFORMATION:

1. LEGAL NAME IN FULL.........

2. MAIL ADDRESS..........

3. PHONE NUMBER (S).................

This has all of the ingredients of a popular scam. Sorry.

Yeah no kiddin, England, Casheirs check, all the ingredients I've seen in warnings. My sale was for local only since i will not be shipping anything anywhere. It's pick-up only. Thanks, I was just making sure i wasn't overly paranoid.

I had a very similar offer a few years ago whenI was selling a bike only they said they were from the UAE. I just ignoed it. Whenever you advertise on the internet it can be expected that some crook is going to try to take advantage of some poor naive person. Don't you just wish you could get your hands around their neck?

My response during lunch. Short sweet and to the point.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your inquiry in my motorcycle, however due to the high degree of Internet fraud involving sales of motor vehicles displaying the exact characteristics you reference, I am forced to decline your offer.

My response during lunch. Short sweet and to the point.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your inquiry in my motorcycle, however due to the high degree of Internet fraud involving sales of motor vehicles displaying the exact characteristics you reference, I am forced to decline your offer.

Very PC! I'd have likely been less tactful. ;)

If you wire me $1,000,000 US Dollars to my Nigerian account I will be happy to investigate whether this is a fraud. I know a prince that can get to the bottom of this quickly.

Just delete the emails, don't even reply. If you reply, you expose your email address and leave yourself open to other spam accounts. These things are as easily avoidable as hitting the 'delete' button.

These are often automated spams, it's not some person sitting in a dark room trying to rip you off specifically. :D

Back