Fresh from the powder coater...

DERJ

I finally found a local powder coater that I was happy with - very reasonable pricing and ended up doing a great job.
Two thumbs up for Chris at 3NIGMA Motorsports

Before:
P1020879.jpg

After:
0528001323.jpg

P1020949.jpg

P1020944.jpg

P1020950.jpg

P1020947.jpg

P1020946.jpg

Word of caution - it's a pain in the ass, but make sure to remove all the rubber dampeners. I got all of mine out except for the ones in the triple tree - unfortunately, they did not survive the bake...

WOW! That looks absolutely FANTASTIC! Great job! That is just about the same run of parts I want to have done for my bike as well. :tup:

That turned out great! Now it's time to ceramic coat that exhaust black to complete the blacked out look :D I will get my triple tree and risers done over next Winter. The rest of this year I'm just riding ;)

Very nice indeed.

I'm looking to do the same, but am going to price out the replacement parts from an '10 black model, as most of them are PC'd already and then I'd have a spare set.

Very nice indeed.

I'm looking to do the same, but am going to price out the replacement parts from an '10 black model, as most of them are PC'd already and then I'd have a spare set.

You'll probably change your mind one you see how much Yamaha wants for them :eek5:plus only the main brackets are powder coated on the '10 model, not the shifter, brake pedal or pegs.

You'll probably change your mind one you see how much Yamaha wants for them :eek5:plus only the main brackets are powder coated on the '10 model, not the shifter, brake pedal or pegs.

Yeah, the triple tree and risers are not coated either on the '10 models...

But the pricing makes the big difference - I got the triple tree, two sets of risers, rearsets, shifter and brake levers, passenger brackets, and all 4 foot pegs prep'd, blasted, and coated for $70 and back in 4 days...

That turned out great! Now it's time to ceramic coat that exhaust black to complete the blacked out look :D I will get my triple tree and risers done over next Winter. The rest of this year I'm just riding ;)

You read my mind - as soon as I put everything back on, I had the same thought - coat the exhaust...

That may be a winter mod for me...

But the pricing makes the big difference - I got the triple tree, two sets of risers, rearsets, shifter and brake levers, passenger brackets, and all 4 foot pegs prep'd, blasted, and coated for $70 and back in 4 days...

That is a great price because I know how much work is involved so $70 is actually quite the bargain (well at least around these parts).

Wow! $70 is a steal. I was quoted more here for less parts. Only less if I blasted and prepped them myself but I don't have a media blaster (yet) for the BKG. ;)

Keep that guy on the hook! Will he do anyone's who will ship to him (with a return label?

You read my mind - as soon as I put everything back on, I had the same thought - coat the exhaust...

That may be a winter mod for me...

Not sure if you have seen my black ceramic coated header or not. If not take a look at my FZ1 album. There are a few pictures in there of it.

Wow! $70 is a steal. I was quoted more here for less parts. Only less if I blasted and prepped them myself but I don't have a media blaster (yet) for the BKG. ;)

Keep that guy on the hook! Will he do anyone's who will ship to him (with a return label?

Yup, just give him an email or call... He even made sure all my threads stayed clean - no grinding or tapping for me...

Very nice indeed.

I had the same thought about the passenger brackets. $140.00 for the left and $150 for the right,(for the 2010 pieces, a total of $290.00). I decided the silver would be fine until I get them powder coated for about $25.00 for both.

Looks Great Derg !! :icon_beer:

Back