Front brake rub

You will always get a bit because you just replaced old pads with new ones that are obviously thicker. Keep an eye on the situation, it shouldn't take long for the new pads to break in but watch to make sure your disks aren't heating up. Sometimes a slight bleed will relieve the pressure on the pads if needed.

Is it normal after installing new brake pads for them to rub a bit? Thanks!

It is for just a bit. Once you've insured they are primed and ready to ride, and few good hard stops will even out the surfaces and they shouldn't really rub much at all. Once they've had that brief wear-in, you should be able to put the bike on the center stand, raise the front off the ground (easy for you Missy... I saw the tractor pic!!! :D ) and spin the front wheel freely with maybe a slight rub from the pads freeplay movement.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! (lol...I forgot about the tractor pic..I'm in training for a powerlifting meet in June, think I'm about ready! :) )

I think so too! :scared0016: :thewave:

Go easy on those brakes the first few pulls then squash 'em the next few times (good time to go practice emergency stops!) and you can cut the breakin from 250 miles to "across town" ;)

Break them in like breaking them in on a car. Get up to 40ish and slow down using light break pressure, ride for a mile or so and do it again so the disc cools off, do it a couple more times like that and you should be good. I check with a nice hard stop after the last cycle.

Back