???? front sprocket

Just bought a 520 sprocket its a Sun star. and it doesn't match the oem one side has a bigger lip on it. so witch way does it go on? and do I still use the lock washer on it . Don't know if I can tighten down enough with on there might leave a small space between sprocket and nut. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

do you know the sunstar part number? would check to make sure they sent you the right one? and slide it all the way on and check that the chain looks inline. also, are you changing the rear sprocket and chain to? Asking because you said you just bought the 520 front sprocket and oem should be a 530 chain and sprockets. All washers and everything should go back on and tighten back up.

Last edited:
Yea figured out that the bigger lip must go to the inside. This is my first chain so live and learn. Tighten the crap out of it and managed to get the lock washer on it. Only my second bike and already love this one so much. Just need my legs not hurt when I get off it. Think it's the width of it. Some pics too. It was highly modded to begin with but so I did driven rearsets kn air filter graves velocity stacks flies and chain and sprocket plus speedodrd. So that's it for now. The front has ohlins and brembo 6 pistons . Can you tell me if it looks like an r1 conversion? Not sure what's involved in that.

Wow

Yea figured out that the bigger lip must go to the inside. This is my first chain so live and learn. Tighten the crap out of it and managed to get the lock washer on it. Only my second bike and already love this one so much. Just need my legs not hurt when I get off it. Think it's the width of it. Some pics too. It was highly modded to begin with but so I did driven rearsets kn air filter graves velocity stacks flies and chain and sprocket plus speedodrd. So that's it for now. The front has ohlins and brembo 6 pistons . Can you tell me if it looks like an r1 conversion? Not sure what's involved in that.

No R1 Conversion front, but SO MUCH BETTER! That is beautiful!

Thanks that's why I paid top dollar 9700 miles plus aftermarket stuff bike looks and rides brand new. 7500 plus taxes on it. So what is the r1 conversion? Is it worth it?

Ohlins and Brembo is better than an r1 conversion. R1 conversion is r1 forks and brakes. I did an Ohlins fork upgrade with R1 fender and brakes. Well worth the effort.

You did loctite it correct?

Thanks that's why I paid top dollar 9700 miles plus aftermarket stuff bike looks and rides brand new. 7500 plus taxes on it. So what is the r1 conversion? Is it worth it?

I can see the remote preload adjuster on the rear passenger peg as well. You have there arguably the best suspension money can buy, don't change any parts! Just get it professionally set up for you and enjoy it.

Not sure about the brakes, but they look really nice: radial mount, braided lines, 6 piston, flashy color (that goes with bike),what more could you want.

Back