full syn oil versus conv. oil

I know that you may be considering the use of synthetic oil in your bikes. But you really should Very cautious of synthetic oil! It can do terrible things both to you, and to your bike. Synthetic oil will not only leak out of your engine faster than you can put it in, but it will also cause your oil filter to clog and implode, dumping debris and dirt into your lubrication system. It also will make every part of your bike permanently slippery because of its linear molecular chain dispersion action.

Then it will leak onto your kickstand causing it to retract automatically and without warning, dropping your bike flat on the rocky ground! But that's not all . . . . Synthetic oil will round off your gears and spin your bearings. Synthetic oil will also splatter onto your seat causing your girlfriend to fall off in the apex of a turn and then she will never ride with, or sleep with, you again. Synthetic oil coats your oil sight window with a whitish pro-emulsification additive that is both non-removable and highly corrosive. Synthetic oil will completely leak out onto the ground overnight, force your favorite dog to drink it at gunpoint, and he will then die a slow horrible writhing death.

Synthetic oil will wear out your tires and make your battery leak. It will give you the desperate need to urinate after you put your full leathers on and then jam all your zippers shut. Synthetic oil will contaminate your gasoline causing your bike to stall on railroad tracks and accelerate uncontrollably near police cars. Synthetic oil will make it rain during rallies and on every weekend. It will causing your cam drive to jump teeth and break your valves to bits. Synthetic oil chemically weakens desmodromic valves and causes the clearances to change every sixteen miles. Then it melts the black soles of your riding boots night before you walk across your new carpeting.

While riding past groups of attractive women it will cause both of your handlebar grips to slip off at the same time so you smash your windscreen with the bridge of your nose. It also causes your swingarm to crack, your studs to break, and your rotors to warp. Synthetic oil then voids your warranty by changing your odometer reading to 55,555 overnight. It also dries out your wet clutch and wets your dryclutch. It makes your clutch cable or slave cylinder seal fail in the heaviest traffic on the hottest day of the year while putting an angry wasp in your helmet for good measure.

Synthetic oil hides your 13mm socket and puts superglue on your earplugs. Synthetic oil will scratch your face shield and make your gloves shrink two sizes the night before track day. Synthetic oil will then steal your neutral and sell it for $1.25.

So let's be careful out there

I was wanting to switch to full syn oil on this oil change but my concern is whether or not i need/should wait till i need new clutch plates. Anything?

jfa2492l.jpg

This is a very, very complicated subject and I don't think anyone on this forum is truly qualified to give you a proper answer.

However, I use full synthetic and it makes me feel 5 years younger. ;)

I know that you may be considering the use of synthetic oil in your bikes. But you really should Very cautious of synthetic oil! It can do terrible things both to you, and to your bike. Synthetic oil will not only leak out of your engine faster than you can put it in, but it will also cause your oil filter to clog and implode, dumping debris and dirt into your lubrication system. It also will make every part of your bike permanently slippery because of its linear molecular chain dispersion action.

Then it will leak onto your kickstand causing it to retract automatically and without warning, dropping your bike flat on the rocky ground! But that's not all . . . . Synthetic oil will round off your gears and spin your bearings. Synthetic oil will also splatter onto your seat causing your girlfriend to fall off in the apex of a turn and then she will never ride with, or sleep with, you again. Synthetic oil coats your oil sight window with a whitish pro-emulsification additive that is both non-removable and highly corrosive. Synthetic oil will completely leak out onto the ground overnight, force your favorite dog to drink it at gunpoint, and he will then die a slow horrible writhing death.

Synthetic oil will wear out your tires and make your battery leak. It will give you the desperate need to urinate after you put your full leathers on and then jam all your zippers shut. Synthetic oil will contaminate your gasoline causing your bike to stall on railroad tracks and accelerate uncontrollably near police cars. Synthetic oil will make it rain during rallies and on every weekend. It will causing your cam drive to jump teeth and break your valves to bits. Synthetic oil chemically weakens desmodromic valves and causes the clearances to change every sixteen miles. Then it melts the black soles of your riding boots night before you walk across your new carpeting.

While riding past groups of attractive women it will cause both of your handlebar grips to slip off at the same time so you smash your windscreen with the bridge of your nose. It also causes your swingarm to crack, your studs to break, and your rotors to warp. Synthetic oil then voids your warranty by changing your odometer reading to 55,555 overnight. It also dries out your wet clutch and wets your dryclutch. It makes your clutch cable or slave cylinder seal fail in the heaviest traffic on the hottest day of the year while putting an angry wasp in your helmet for good measure.

Synthetic oil hides your 13mm socket and puts superglue on your earplugs. Synthetic oil will scratch your face shield and make your gloves shrink two sizes the night before track day. Synthetic oil will then steal your neutral and sell it for $1.25.

That, my friend, was hilarious!!! I'm stealing it and posting it on another forum!

To the OP. Don't be offended please. Oil is discussed to death on every forum I've ever visited. He's just having some fun. Use whatever oil you like. Most of us change the oil fairly frequently so it virtually doesn't matter to the health of your bike. Everyone has their favorites and there are many people, maybe even the majority, that use synthetic. Many of those like to use Dino oil for the first 1,2, or 3 changes then go with synthetic thereafter.

OMG!!! I need to go change my shorts....ppppppfffffftttt.....ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!

All I can tell you is I use regular oil for the first three changes then switch to synthetic ( I use Repsol my preference). I've done this with eve bike I have owned and with the exception of my dirt bikes I have never grenaded a engine or had to replace a clutch. examples 87 FZR 1000( 82,000) 97 Daytona 595 (34,000) currently in my FZ (9,000). Do not use products like slick 50 this will cause your wet clutch to slip. I change my oil every 3,000 mi. So thats my 2 pennies.

Pete, that was gut-bustin' aching-belly, tearful laughter. Michele was reading it to me and I couldn't contain myself!

To the OP, you can swap to full synthetic without worries. Just be sure it is rated for motorcycles because some have additives that will cause issues with the clutch plates not grabbing as they should. I switched to synthetic after 79 miles on the ODO. :D

IMO synthetic is good and bad. Seems older motors or motors that were not well kept should not be changed over to it because the seal settle different over time with conventional oil. But if you have recently serviced the seals and/or have a new bike go for it. This is just me 2cents I think its more of one of those personal preferances

That, my friend, was hilarious!!! I'm stealing it and posting it on another forum!

To the OP. Don't be offended please. Oil is discussed to death on every forum I've ever visited. He's just having some fun. Use whatever oil you like. Most of us change the oil fairly frequently so it virtually doesn't matter to the health of your bike. Everyone has their favorites and there are many people, maybe even the majority, that use synthetic. Many of those like to use Dino oil for the first 1,2, or 3 changes then go with synthetic thereafter.

I can't take credit for this, in the interest of full disclose this is a product of DefyInertia from the FZ6 board, genius!

Well I just put it in there at 2500, just hit 3102 on the clock so I am thinking of doing my next change at around 6500-6800 miles. Somewhere around 4-4500 on the Purple should be alright right?

Back