Fz1 adventure build

fazernoob66

Hey all, thought I'd make a thread for my gen1 adventure build. My goal, is to build a dualsport type bike, that can haul anything I can strap on it, handle (well) on dirt and street, and be 100% reliable. Looking at the completely naked frame, it is very possible.
First pic!
18ff848c-8d06-4349.jpg

Well, it became naked soon after I crashed the beast! Lol. Here is an initial crash pic.
18ff848c-975b-aa49.jpg

Thanks for the pic from advrider, I couldn't find the thread myself. I have been on adv a long time. But yes, that Fz1 build is about exactly what I'm looking to do.

Well, it became naked soon after I crashed the beast! Lol. Here is an initial crash pic.
18ff848c-975b-aa49.jpg

Thanks for the pic from advrider, I couldn't find the thread myself. I have been on adv a long time. But yes, that Fz1 build is about exactly what I'm looking to do.
That will be one powerful Dual Sport.:wow:

A big adventure bike is a dream of mine, but I'd rather build my dream than buy it :D I love the versatility of say,,,
18ff848c-a609-c318.jpg

But with a superior Japanese powerplant ;)

I love it, even though a sand dragger or hill climber would much more fun for the rest of us to watch. Good luck on the build.

I know it's not really what you're going for, but I had to post the R1 offroad bike...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0d3B7MPqUg]Yamaha R1 offroad - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-DuzXcQ4qM]Yamaha R1 offroad - YouTube[/ame]

That r1 is just nasty power for dirt! Id love to ride it though

Trust me what the FZ puts out will be Stupid Power for dirt. My 990 KTM puts out 108 hp and it is way more than you NEED in the dirt. 160 kph (100 MPH) down a gravel road and still spun the back wheel with a handful of throttle.

Trust me what the FZ puts out will be Stupid Power for dirt. My 990 KTM puts out 108 hp and it is way more than you NEED in the dirt. 160 kph (100 MPH) down a gravel road and still spun the back wheel with a handful of throttle.

i have an xr650l as well with a few simple mods, it is plenty of power for the dirt for sure. it spins up the wheel in 4th doing 60 or so. i cant begin to imagine the 140 horsepwer from the fz1 on dirt. i did have an idea to begin my build, i am going to sell off all cosmetically nice parts off the bike, and spares i have and will not need for the build.

I got bit by the Adventure bug and have thought about trading my FZ6 in or wondering if I could change it around to be a dual sport. The first motorcycle I wanted to get was the Kawasaki KLR 650, it just happened when I was in the market for a motorcycle I wanted something for the street instead. My other problem is I lowered the FZ6 and now my Wife wants to ride it. : oops: :p

I also think this would be a cool build so I'd like to see updates as well. :popcorn:

Back