FZ1 or FZ6R or Versys?

I like the Super Duke idea:) The nice thing about the FZ1 is with a few minor Mods you can tailor it to your needs. There are deals to be had on them if you are patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a Super Duke?

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

I like the Super Duke idea:) The nice thing about the FZ1 is with a few minor Mods you can tailor it to your needs. There are deals to be had on them if you are patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun bike, but have you guys ridden one? Talk about sensitive throttle and engine braking!!! I guess with time you get accustomed to it, but my ride on one was not that enjoyable.

I personally can't understand the logic of buying a new FZ1 when there are ample low mileage used ones for sale at ridiculously low prices. You could easily find a cream puff in the $5k range. This model has been around since 06 and while there have been some minor changes over the years, it is essentially the same bike. In my case, I bought an 06 with 12k last summer for $3400 and have dumped an equal amount of money into performance, comfort, and utility mods. The finished product is dramatically better bike than a new one for less than cost of a leftover 09.

...and the winner is-

A new 2009 leftover FZ-1!

Won it today on fleabay from an out of state dealer. Still in the crate to be assembled next week. Shipping it in by piano movers. Best deal in USA.

Thank you everybody. The deciding factors were there are no Kawasaki Versys' in South Florida inventory for me to sit on, so that bike was officially DQ'd. Next, 37% of riders at the FZ-6R forum were anticipating upgrading their rides within 7k miles- there was even a poll. Finally, got a fantastic deal from a large volume dealer experienced with shipping. I always buy bikes in crates because with proper setup they have a high probability of the least amount of failure. The salesman was cool on the phone and it was easy.

I figure there will be no need to upgrade for awhile with an FZ1, whereas a smaller bike may not hold my attention very long. I think it was a good choice even with a new improved model due out next year or the following.

Thank you everybody. The deciding factors were there are no Kawasaki Versys' in South Florida inventory for me to sit on, so that bike was officially DQ'd. Next, 37% of riders at the FZ-6R forum were anticipating upgrading their rides within 7k miles- there was even a poll. Finally, got a fantastic deal from a large volume dealer experienced with shipping. I always buy bikes in crates because with proper setup they have a high probability of the least amount of failure. The salesman was cool on the phone and it was easy.

I figure there will be no need to upgrade for awhile with an FZ1, whereas a smaller bike may not hold my attention very long. I think it was a good choice even with a new improved model due out next year or the following.

Congratz on the new bike! I'm sure you would have been bored with the FZ6R in practically no time. I mean it's a fun bike, but leaves a lot to be desired...

p.s. if you won the auction for the black '09 that sold for $6500 that was a good deal even when you factor in the shipping.

Last edited:
Congratz on the new bike! I'm sure you would have been bored with the FZ6R in practically no time. I mean it's a fun bike, but leaves a lot to be desired...

p.s. if you won the auction for the black '09 that sold for $6500 that was a good deal even when you factor in the shipping.

I watched 7 days and took the blue with 11 seconds left for $6500. It was a good deal even with $600 S&H by piano movers. Another watcher wanted blue too, but he will settle for the black I suppose.

I watched 7 days and took the blue with 11 seconds left for $6500. It was a good deal even with $600 S&H by piano movers. Another watcher wanted blue too, but he will settle for the black I suppose.

Good for you! I guess you'll be riding and showing us some pics in a few days :)

Good for you! I guess you'll be riding and showing us some pics in a few days :)

Estimated delivery from MN to FL is about two weeks because of the movers, but I would rather receive an unblemished bike than them run it down on an open trailer getting beat up by road debris.

Pics and video will be forthcoming after that.

Back