FZ1 Stunt

Hello everybody,

I have a 2007 FZ1 and I started to learn how to wheelie. I’m at beginner level of stunting and I have one question. Does anyone know if I must do something to the engine so I can’t lose oil pressure? I don’t have any problem yet, but I think that with time I will learn to keep the bike up and I dont want to lose oil pressure.

Thanks

First, it's typically the V-Twins that suffer oil loss while doing wheelies. The in-line fours are far less prone to this and typically the engine of choice for stunting.

Next, should you take pics or videos and they are on public roads and not an area isolated for stunting, please do NOT post them here as it is against forum rules (discussion of illegal activity). If you have a private arena for stunting, then YES!!! We all want to see THAT footage! :D

Hi everybody, after a few months Ive learned a few things and didn't crashed yet. I made this video 3 days ago on a very cold weather, here in Romania its almost winter.

Enjoy and please post your opinion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK2yzIUKyQU]YouTube - Wheelie and stoppie on a '07 yamaha FZ1 motodrive.ro[/ame]

not a bad start.... you'll get better with time... right now, you're letting off of your wheelies before they really get fun.... but, you'll get higher as you practice more.... be gentle with the throttle hand.... when you're revving before bringing it up, give it just enough extra revs to bring it up, if that's only 4.5kRPM, no need to rev to 10k.... play around with that a bit.... your clutch will thank you...

It's actually easier (in my opinion) for higher speed wheelies... start playing around with 2nd gear... your speed should be about 30-40mph starting off... then, clutch it up using the same method you're using now...

You'll get it if you keep practicing... but, take things slow... it took me about a year to get to the point where I am with wheelies...

it took me about a year to get to the point where I am with wheelies...
And we'd like to see where you're at :) :needpics:
I'm at about RaduSPR's level, I go a little higher, and keep it a little bit longer, I even find the balance point now and then. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to do video documentation just yet.

I'm not near brave enough to attempt that! I do like to play around with 1st gear wheelies at low speed but i dont keep front up long. I have even managed a second gear wheelie but will admit i didnt mean for it to happen, ha. I have since lowered my FZ1 so wheelies take more RPM to bring front up which was kinda my intention. I love speed but perhaps i'm just too paranoid, my buddy totaled his Gen I FZ1 riding a wheelie...be safe!

I too am at about the same "beginner" level as the original poster. Also learing stoppies. So far unable to roll them out. Just stopping stoppies. 18000 miles and have a leaky fork seal I'll be changing out tomorrow. I'll try to post a video at some point. Comic relief.

Back