FZ1N Top Speed ?

I wound my faired FZ1 up in top gear on the M-Way the other day and got 156MPH and still going..slowly. Havn't tried revving it through the gears yet

Just wondering, how are you guys keeping yourself on your bike with those speeds?

On the S models you have a fairing so thet lowers the wind pressure quite alot but on the naked you will have the full wind pressure on yourself.

So are you guys tying yourself to the bike or just doing alot of powerlifting?

:Rockon:

The mile to km ratio is 1:1.6, So if you take 277Km/H divide it by 1.6 you have a decently accurate Mp/H speed of 173Mp/H

Therefore 65Mp/h is approx 104Km/H

Please correct me if I'm wrong, just though I'd mention it

Mne saw 250kph while being run in. being a naked model my neck gave in well before the bike. But last week I took it down the drags, in totally stock trim, I was pulling 11.85's at 122mph easy as without pulling major mono's..

Well we all know, or most of us should know from having done it, that if you put it on the center stand and put it in 6th and go to redline that it's reading something like 185, or just past the end of the numbers on the dial on the spedo. Now this wasn't my idea..lol the next door neighbor guy came up with it, he rides an o6 CBR 600RR, is 22 and knows everything, .....no, really...he does. lol But anyway I wouldnt of thought to do that nowadays. Anyway the point is..... sure actual bike on the road in sixth at redline should be in the neighborhood of I'm guessing 170, and thats with a light guy, say a 140-150 pounds rider. So I don't know if any of us have gotten there but it seems for sure that 160 is obtainable, for a lardo like me even at 260. My actual top to date has been a mere 120-125
just a ps. I won't be doing any of that intil I get new bunns mounted, my front is a second timer, and the rear brand new. Mabe payday when I get a front ctII

Last edited:
my 06 rev limits 12000rpm ive noticed some models at 14000rpm is this a year thing or a u.k. thing??
I'm wondering if theres any spedometer error that has been found to be present on the FZ's, like the tach error that was present on the 06 R6? you remember that. They claimed 17,000, when really it was something like, I believe 15,500 or thereabouts.

On my bike, when i had it on the dyno the engine hit the rev limiter at about 161 on the dyno, and the speedo said 181. The tach said 12250, and the dyno showed 11750 rpm

There is a Sheriff's station right off the highway close to my home. They always have a radar out that displays your speed at the road side. When I drive by there with my speedo showing 50 their sign says 47. I do not know if the 3mph difference remains the same throughout all speeds or not. I am not willing to speed bytheir station. :)

This is with stock sprockets front and rear BTW.

There is a Sheriff's station right off the highway close to my home. They always have a radar out that displays your speed at the road side. When I drive by there with my speedo showing 50 their sign says 47. I do not know if the 3mph difference remains the same throughout all speeds or not. I am not willing to speed bytheir station. :)

This is with stock sprockets front and rear BTW.

The speedometer error does not remain the same throughout, but should remail proportional. So if at an indicated 50 you were really doing 47 then at an indicated 100 you would be doing 94.

By the way I posted on another thread about top speed and Performance Bike magazine (UK based) got an FZ1N up to 153.5 MPH (actual not indicated).

Back