gas hog

has anyone out there done the mpg thing? seems like my fz is eating alot of gas, i just cruize her on the fwy about 60 to 70 mph! what should i be gettin?

What kind of mpg figures are you seeing. IIRC, the gen 2 FZ1 will usually average between 34-38 mpg, maybe 40 on pure freeway runs.

Stock or modded bike?
My own bike is modded with all the usual bolt on parts and gets around 35 mpg on average.
This is a combination of freeway and twisties.
You need a good PCV map though.
What I've found is that by reducing the fuel on my PCV in the 2,5 and 10% columns from 2500 rpm to 5000 rpm, I'm able to get excellent fuel economy while cruising in that rev range.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:
Your mileage will vary, as they say.

On the road my stock 2012 gets between 39 to 44 mpg depending on the wind. In town commuting between 32 to 38 mpg.

After full mods I was seeing as low as 26... I could also see the fuel spitting out of the tail pipe. Now after a flash and a good map, I see 32-34. Also, I do not ride easy or just go for a 'cruise'. My rides usually involve a lot of WOT and most of the time is spent on only the rear wheel.

There is no such thing as an economical FZ1. I just gave up keeping track and give her all the throttle she wants. She's a heavy drinker, bad habits, but I love her soooo much! FWIW, I average around 30 - 32 mpg per tank. Ivan's flash, stage IV mods and I can't remember if I have Ivan's or John's last map in it now. :D

I'm in the same boat as most with the GenII. If I get 32mpg on a tank of fuel I'm jumping for joy! I'm going to try a Map I got from Ballmead this Sunday to see how it works with my bike. I know my bike is running very rich cause no matter who I ride with they always wind up leading me cause they can't take the fumes from my exhaust. This always puts me last in the group.

Back