Gas question

I have a 2001 fz1. I was wondering how many miles I can get once the fuel light comes on. I'm normally going between 80-90 mph. Any ideas?

It's going to vary with rider and the tune/mods of any bike. Best thing to do it test it. Take along a half gallon container of fuel and start riding until you run out. Then you know, based on your mods/riding style. :D Pour in the half gal and head to the next gas station.

Typically when I hit reserve on the Gen II, I keep the bike in high gear/low RPMs and stretch it for about 20 miles. :D

I also have an 01' yet because we may have different mods done the fuel range may vary. I will say however, that with a full tank, and averaging between 40 to 70mph, I have gone 198 miles without the low fuel light coming on. I'm sure I had a bit more to go but I am nervous when the fuel gauge gets to the lower half and usually fill back up by then.

It's pretty easy to figure out. Just fill up the tank, ride 100 miles or so at the speeds you indicated, then fill up the tank again and figure out how many gallons it took. Then you can figure out a full range number at those speeds. It will never be exact because of other variables, but you'll be real close.

Not a bike but I stretched her Yaris the other day on reserve... I finally stopped for gas and in a supposed 11.1 gallon tank, I got 11.288 gallons! :eek5: :yes:

If only the Yaris could haul the motorcycles AND get that MPG.... ;)

Good point.

I cant complain about my trip to the dragon. My truck averages 12.2 mpg normally.

So with a bed full of travel crap for two for a week and a trailer with two bikes.

(both cruisers) I averaged 11.3 mph. Ok its not that good or good at all but at least I didnt loose anything really on the

trip. I love the power.

I have a 2001 fz1. I was wondering how many miles I can get once the fuel light comes on. I'm normally going between 80-90 mph. Any ideas?

I was averaging about 42MPG on my 2003 FZ1 and the fuel light comes on with 1.1 gallons remaining so I'd say about 45-50 miles before you're pushing. :)

I'm getting 47 mpg avg. Most of my riding is interstate going 70 mph avg. I usually ride until I get 30 miles past the light coming on. The light comes on around 190-200 miles.

Back