Gen 1 Misfire

Hi all,

Has anyone had a concern with tight tappets causing a cylinder misfire? The bike has done 60k, replaced one o/c ignition coil, carbs have been pulled apart and cleaned, diaphragms inspected etc, new plugs, fuel filter... still has a misfire, seems to go away at about 3500rpm....

Hi all,

Has anyone had a concern with tight tappets causing a cylinder misfire? The bike has done 60k, replaced one o/c ignition coil, carbs have been pulled apart and cleaned, diaphragms inspected etc, new plugs, fuel filter... still has a misfire, seems to go away at about 3500rpm....

Have you done your valve service to the bike yet??

I haven't but Iv'e only had the bike for 20k, not sure about the previous owner although the rest of the bike has been reaaly well kept up.

Okay, cool. Well, then he may as well bring it in for a Valve inspection now instead of later. Not saying that it's causing the issue but it may as well be done so you can find out if everything is within spec.

Thanks guys... guess thats my next task when i get off swing!! I think i was just putting it off because it looks like a royal pain in the ass!!!!!!

I believe its a must to check the engine valve even though you got it with low mileage, Checking the valve clearance will surely save money and time for any future damage.

Back