gen 2 fairing

I've been reading this forum since igot mine last august but this is my first post.is anyone using the yamaha lower fairing?does it redirect the hot air away from your legs when the fans come on,and does it offer any cold protection late season?the cold is more of an issue here in VT.but the other day it was in the nineties and the heat from the fans was impressive!!thanks to all!

First, :welcome: neighbor! :D

I've never ridden with a Gen II FZ1 with lowers on. I'd have to assume that it would direct even more hot air back to your legs than without.

I barely notice the hot or cold air with my riding pants on. They don't let the heat or cold come through at all. ;)

It will be worse in the Summer as it will trap more of the hot air. However, in the Winter it does add a little bit of wind protection to your lower legs. If that's your only motivating factor for buying them then just invest in a good pair of riding pants that are mesh for Summer use and that also include a cold weather liner for Winter use.

thanks,NH +NJ,i like the look of the lower,so temps are not the only motivating factor,price is also,but at 650$i'd like to know if it's more than bling.but i noticed your bike does'nt have one.

thanks,NH +NJ,i like the look of the lower,so temps are not the only motivating factor,price is also,but at 650$i'd like to know if it's more than bling.but i noticed your bike does'nt have one.

I think they look ok, but I wanted to keep more of the "naked" look. I do have the lower cowl and sport scoops on my bike. Look at my album if you want to see some more pics of my bike.

I did 160 miles today on a charity ride with the temps in the upper 80's with my lowers on and if you've ever done a large group ride, you know that most of the time your traveling at about 40mph on the average. I don't notice any more heat on my legs than usual wearing heavy jeans. Actually, the only time I do notice any heat, is when the fan kicks on. What I do notice going from naked to faired is the crosswind stability you get with the fairings on, especially at higher speeds.

i like the look of the scoops,but i'm really interested in the front fender extension,i find myself on dirt roads up here weekly at least looks like they would keep my engine cleaner!did you make or buy these.thanks nice bikes!!

i like the look of the scoops,but i'm really interested in the front fender extension,i find myself on dirt roads up here weekly at least looks like they would keep my engine cleaner!did you make or buy these.thanks nice bikes!!

That fender extender does help somewhat. Mainly with rocks being kicked up into the radiator area. It's made by Pyramid (UK based company) and I bought it from here. Reasonably priced too.

Back