Gen I "racing pegs"

Installed "racing pegs" from Ebay seller i5motorcycle. Back pegs went on without a problem (except dropping that little ball). Front pegs weren't that bad once I got rid of the rivets.

From the listing:
Yamaha FZR YZF 600 600R R6 R1 FZ1 BILLET RACING PEGS

You are bidding on a brand new SET OF FOUR FOOTPEGS.

To fit Yamaha FZR600 1989-1999, YZF600R 1996-2008, R6 1999-2002 (not 2003+), R1 1998-1999 (not 2000+), FZ-1 2001-2005 (not 2006+).

High quality billet aluminum with ANODIZED finish, please state color-choice when making payment.

In addition to improving appearance these aluminum racing pegs provide weight reduction and significantly improved ground clearance.

All our products are brand new.

The front ones point up a little, but not too bad. Is that because of the spring?

GEDC0383.JPG

From a little farther away:
GEDC0381.JPG

The rivets do have to be drilled on the gen 1 just like the gen II.

It's normal for aftermarket pegs to stick up just a little bit.... nothing to worry about... if it really bothers you, you can pull the pegs and slowly use a grinder to remove some of the material from the bottom part of the mounting ears.

Do you have to drill the rivet out on the GenI like you do on GenII? ...or are the GenI pegs already bolt on?

I used my dremel to grind the rivets off. I couldn't understand how to drill the rivet. Other than taking time, it worked out well. These pegs came with bolts and nuts to replace the OEM riveted ones.

I am very pleased with the pegs. I no longer have to adjust my foot every time I want to shift, I can just lower my toes under the lever.

I'd like to replace the rubber shifter with something that looked more like the pegs.

A little update

I still love these pegs. When I changed from riding in steel toe work boots to riding boots, I did notice the vibration a little bit more. Might go back to the steel toe boots since I also lost an important inch or so when reaching the ground.

After my camping trip a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the passenger peg was missing from the exhaust (right) side. I checked the others and found the front ride peg was loose but the left side wasn't. I hand tightened them back but will put red thread locker on them when I shorten the rear turn signals this weekend.

DSCF3223.JPG

DSCF3224.JPG

I emailed the eBay seller with pics demonstrating the problem and asked for a price on a single replacement for the rear peg a couple of days ago. Earlier today, I got an email saying he would send a free replacement.

I bought gold ones from that same dude, they stick up a bit like yours, it doesn't bother me. Drilling out the driver pegs was no big deal, but I dis have to add washers to the passenger pegs to make them compress that little ball so they would stay clicked up. Other then that, I like them a lot!!

Back