Gen II Comfort Seat

Save your money and your butt and get a Top Saddlery.

I've ridden the "comfort" seat and couldn't find the comfort it promised. Top Saddlery was the clear answer. :D

One of the big issues with the comfort seat is the gel. Cold = STAYS COLD and hard as a rock!! Hot = Stays HOT for a good portion of the ride.

I'm only trying to save you heartache Polestar. Get the TS seat in the LONG version. I promise you'll not regret it. I found both the stock and comfort seat wouldn't allow me to remain comfortable between tanks of fuel. With the TS seat? I ONLY have to stop for fuel and not because my arse is in pain.

attachment.php

I just sent back Sargent's World Seat. It's comfortable, because it's more supportive than stock. I sent it back because of the welt. I guess folks who like seats with a welt don't move around, ie slide off the side when cornering. Plus, even while cruising the welt under my legs bugged me. So, what attracts me to Yam's Comfort Seat is 1. Owners, who like and don't like, say it's firmer. 2.) It raises one up a wee bit. 3.) Seems most agree it will allow longer rides due to the layer of gel.
BTW-I'm probably going to send my stocker to Spencer, but thought I'd see if someone had the comfort seat laying around.:cowboy:

Top Saddlery looks too far forward. I like to sit all the way to the back, at least while cruising. I ride up on the tank when in the twisties. I assume the long version doesn't have as large of a seat back.

Last edited:
Not giving it up sorry

I just sent back Sargent's World Seat. It's comfortable, because it's firmer than stock. I sent it back because of the welt. I guess folks who like seats with a welt don't move around, ie slide off the side when cornering. Plus even while cruising the welt under my legs bugged me. So, what attracts me to Yam's Comfort Seat is 1. Owners, who like and don't like, say it's firmer. 2.) It raises one up. 3.) Seems most agree it will allow longer rides due to the layer of gel.
BTW-I'm probably going to send my stocker to Spencer, but thought I'd see if someone had the comfort seat laying around.:cowboy:

There are definately two camps on this one. I am on the "I really like mine" one. I have no doubt that the Top Saddlery one is much better, after all you usually get what you pay for but until I try one I'll keep liking my Comfort seat. The heat issue is easy, Leave a towel over it in the sun or park in the shade. It doesn't stay cold long when your butt is on it. The firmness seems to work, at least for me (190lbs.) I can ride all day and usually do, stopping because I need fuel or am taking a picture. I am going to do the Iron butt thing this summer, 6100 km in 11 days spanning 4 provinces so I'll write a torture test review after.:spank2:

Last edited:
I re-ordered a Sargent. Turns out one may request their World Sport Performance Seat W/O welts. They join the two parts with a top-stitch. I asked why they sell it stock with a welt-thinking most sport riders move around on their seats and the welt is an annoyance. His only response was, "people like to customize the look of their seat with the welt color." To each his own.

Oh yeah, 20% off the day I called, so I didn't feel so bad paying $20 extra for a top-stitch custom. I only ordered the pilots seat this time for a total, with shipping, of $255. Not a bargain, but I really liked the feel of the Sargent, just couldn't handle the welts.:sport12:

If you like to sit all the way back, you can ask TS for a longer than LONG version to get you close to the pillion seat. They will try and accomodate. However, I think, given what you describe for riding comfort, coupled with the pricing you got, you'd spot-on with the Sargent. Sargent does make a GREAT seat. I've ridden one on an Aprilia and an SV650S and both were rather nice!

I like where the TS long has me seated. I wouldn't if I were to gain any more weight and increase my arse size though! Thankfully, I'm trying to lose weight and inches which will only improve the seating position further. Right now, I'm planted in a single spot between the back of the rider seat and the tank but without the "boyz" being squished. ;)

Back