Gen II Mods? Start here!

My FZ1 '09 is very quite. Would anybody recommend me how to make FZ1n louder?
Not looking for more power but defo need some more voice. Any recommendations?

A basic slip-on would definitely do the job. There's a lot of selection for the FZ1 and many of them come with removable baffles to make it louder/quieter as you prefer.

I'm a fan of the Yoshimura TRC Carbon for the second gen FZ1
yoshimura_r77_epa_compliant_slip_on_exhaust_yamaha_fz120062015_zoom.jpg

You could also consider a high flow air filter such as BMC or K&N and that may give you more induction noise at the front of the bike. If you do both, you may need to adjust the fuelling to compensate but I'm not positive about that one.

Last edited:
My FZ1 '09 is very quite. Would anybody recommend me how to make FZ1n louder?
Not looking for more power but defo need some more voice. Any recommendations?
If you want loud, take a look at a Mivv Suono slip-on muffler. The bike will sound like your in MotoGP lol

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

Guys, hi
Could you tell me please, installing PCV(with SW for slip-on and intake), K&N will add barelly visible hp, or I need to flash ecu anyway?
Slip-on MIVV GP already installed

Thank you!

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk

Guys, hi
Could you tell me please, installing PCV(with SW for slip-on and intake), K&N will add barelly visible hp, or I need to flash ecu anyway?
Slip-on MIVV GP already installed

Thank you!

K&N won't add hp, the benefit is you can clean and re-oil it, instead of just buying new OEM filters. Cutting open the airbox intake inlet will let in more air and does need to be tuned to take advantage of the extra air and get you more hp. if you get a quality flash, you won't need a PCV. if you get a cheap flash that doesn't include fueling and timing adjustments, then yes you will need the pcv and it will need to be tuned on a dyno.

Ivans flash requires a pc. Not exactly “cheap” Vcyclenut and flashtune are the ones where you don’t need a pc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivan requires USA or Euro ECU, I have only Japaneese one...
Gutting a cat is nessesary?

One sticky should direct you where you need to go. Why would we want you to have to look for things that we can direct you to easily! :D

Here's a list of links to threads in this forum for the Gen II FZ1 mods that members have done to their bikes. If I am missing one, or you're about to post one that either enhances an existing thread, replaces an outdated one or is a new one, please PM one of the super mods or an admin (or just me) and I'll link it up in here. Thanks and enjoy!

MODS:

Exhaust
A wealth of exhaust info
Two Brothers Exhaust
Blue Flame Carbon Slip-on
Custom Supertrapp Exhaust
MTC Exhausts
Evotech Exhaust Hanger

Electrical
Integrated Tail Light installation
LED Integrated taillight install (w/o removing tail section)
Pod Light Mod
Pro-Sport O2 Gauge
HID Lights
Garage Door Opener
FZ1N Headlight (Naked conversion)
Ivan's FCE (Fuel Cut Eliminator)

Intake
Airbox Mod 1
Airbox Mod 2
AIS Blockoff and AIS thread #2 and AIS removal
BMC Air Filter
Sub-throttle plates info
and Instructional Video

Fender Eliminators
Make your own Fender Eliminator!
Rumble Concepts Fender Eliminator
More FE Pics

Controls
ASV Stubby Levers
RAM Mount for GPS

Just for looks!
Yamaha OEM Lower Cowl
Rear Seat Cowl (Copperdog pic)
Lower Fairings

Seats
Sargent Seats
Top Saddlery seat #1

Luggage
Givi quick-release sidemounts
Yamaha Top Case carrier

Suspension/Handling
Ohlins Shock
GPR Steering Stabilizer
Rear shock install and USD fork rebuild

Windshields
Vstream Touring screen

I'll be reviewing and adding to this over time. One thing we are in DESPERATE need of is detailed HOW-TO's for these with pictorials and/or videos. If you can find the time to go rewrite your thread and maybe add pics and steps, we'd all greatly appreciate it! Thanks!!

Hi,
sorry to be the guy to say this...but unless something is wrong with my laptop or service provider (in Singapore), quite a few links don't work...
But a big thank you for keeping this site alive....it's a lot easier than dredging for information on FB.
Thanks again
John

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site. I've been riding motorcycles for over 30 years now, and owned my 2006 FZ1 since new. Unfortunately, some life changes have interrupted my motorcycle riding and I no longer ride like I use to. I look at the FZ1 every day trying to figure out justification to keep it. But, the time has finally come to sell the bike and the aftermarket goodies I have for it.

I know people are typically cautions about buying stuff from a new member to a forum. Please have confidence in that I represent items I sell completely and do my best to ship items within 2 days from payment. I have sold many things through Ebay in the past, along with other sites local to my area.

The items I am going to sell are:

1. Graves Titanium Full Exhaust System (no longer made by Graves), Graves Intake Stacks, Graves EXUP Eliminator, and Power Commander PCIII with tune for exhaust and stacks. This will be sold as a package since it all works together. Everything is in great condition as shown in the attached pictures. I'm asking $1000 plus shipping for this.

2. Ohlins Rear Shock with remote reservoir, adjustable rebound and compression dampening, and hydraulic preload adjuster (Model S46HR1C1S). This was setup for a rider weight of 220 lbs. About 15,000 miles on shock since new. I'm asking $600 plus shipping for this.

3. Sato Rearsets, black anodized. These have some wear on them from my riding boots. Otherwise, they are in great condition. I'm asking $300 plus shipping for these.

All prices are OBO. If you would like a package deal on all the items, let me know and we can work out a price.

I will be placing these in the classified forum. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and to let you know I am a real person that takes pride in my stuff. I also do all I can to make sure anyone who purchases items form me has a good experience.

Thanks All.

Attachments

• Graves_Exhaust_1.JPG
    Graves_Exhaust_1.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 45
  • Graves_Exhaust_2.jpg
    Graves_Exhaust_2.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 47
  • Graves_Exhaust_3.JPG
    Graves_Exhaust_3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • Graves_Exhaust_4.JPG
    Graves_Exhaust_4.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 45
  • Graves_Exhaust_5.JPG
    Graves_Exhaust_5.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • PCIII.JPG
    PCIII.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 43
  • Sato_Rearset.JPG
    Sato_Rearset.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • Sato_Rearset_Ohlins_Shock.JPG
    Sato_Rearset_Ohlins_Shock.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • Ohlins_Reservoir.JPG
    Ohlins_Reservoir.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
Hi,
sorry to be the guy to say this...but unless something is wrong with my laptop or service provider (in Singapore), quite a few links don't work...
But a big thank you for keeping this site alive....it's a lot easier than dredging for information on FB.
Thanks again
John
Yep I got excited when I saw the Ohlins Shock link, but alas link is broken

Is it just me?
When I click on any of the OP's how to's I get this

Not Found
The requested URL /forum/gen-ii-mods/929-wealth-exhaust-info.html was not found on this server.

Back