Givi v35 & SW-Motech side rack

indeo

Just placed my order for Givi v35 hard cases and the SW-Motech side rack with locks:
$548.94 total free shipping: Givi v35 gloss black from Cli-Max Riding Gear: Givi Monokey V35 Sidecase | Cli-MAXRidingGear.com
$229.99: SW-Motech Quick-Lock Sidecarrier for Givi v35: TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock Sidecarrier (Yamaha FZ1 Fazer, '06-) Contour Carrier for Givi V35 PLX cases - KFT.06.533.150
$39.99 SW-Motech Quicklock fastners: TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Keyed Locking Quick-Lock Fasteners (pair) - QLS.00.046.10100.B
$11.90 Basic shipping to Brooklyn.
------
$830.82 Total

Cli-Max riding gear is where I found my Shark Evoline 2 ST helmet cheapest and shipped pretty quickly: Shark Evoline 2 ST Fusion | Cli-MAXRidingGear.com. Ordering the Givi v35 cases through TwistedThrottle would've cost about $30 more in shipping.

It looks like everything except the actual v35 cases have shipped before the weekend, so I should at least have the rack on when the cases arrive. My rides take me through congested highways - sometimes for 25 miles at a time. I'll miss being able to coast between lanes during gridlock at 15mph but I won't miss my backpack weighing down my butt and keeping my back sweaty at low speed

It looks like everything except the actual v35 cases have shipped before the weekend, so I should at least have the rack on when the cases arrive. My rides take me through congested highways - sometimes for 25 miles at a time. I'll miss being able to coast between lanes during gridlock at 15mph but I won't miss my backpack weighing down my butt and keeping my back sweaty at low speed

I think you may be surprised at how compact the whole setup is. It really doesn't take up much more room with the bags on

Update: I got home today with my shipment from TwistedThrottle sitting on my door (racks & locks), meanwhile Cli-Max hasn't let me know if the Givi v35 cases even shipped yet. I emailed Cli-Max to try and cancel my order before they ship it, and I placed an order for the cases through TwistedThrottle (for a total of $572 shipped: $23.06 more than Cli-Max). Hopefully Cli-Max won't ship them, or I'll have to find a way to mount them to the front fairing

Yea, I can't believe how handy the V35s are. I got the quick release side brackets, but I haven't ridden the bike w/o the side cases since I got them...lol. I'm even considering a top case mount now. Don't really care for the Givi one, but I do like the SW-Motech one, just not sure it will work with the Givi side brackets :confused:

Yea, I can't believe how handy the V35s are. I got the quick release side brackets, but I haven't ridden the bike w/o the side cases since I got them...lol. I'm even considering a top case mount now. Don't really care for the Givi one, but I do like the SW-Motech one, just not sure it will work with the Givi side brackets :confused:

It looks like someone from the other forum has this setup: SW-Motech Sideracks & Givi Cases - Page 2 - FZ1OA Message Board

Givi bags

I have the Givi Bags and SW Motech racks and can confirm they are great. I did have a problem with the right side rack from Motech, in that it was virtually impossible to mount. I sent photos to the folks at SW Motech showing the mis-alignment and they sent me a new one that worked great. I have the quick release racks, which pop off in seconds, readying the bike for track days. And, splitting lanes in California IS a little tougher with the fairly wide bags, but it can be done. And the girth is worth it for the great capacity you have on trips. Enjoy.

hijack! SW-motech with H&B junior 40l..

47631_464824505953_644375953_5766278_2025465_n.jpg

Both pairs of Givi v35 cases arrived today, now I'll just have to return one of them. Here's a pic of over $1000 of v35s:

The SW-Motech racks took a few hours to get on the bike but the cases attach very sturdily. I couldn't get a pic of them on the bike, as there was some crazy hurricane-ish weather then it got dark

Thanks...I had seen that thread the other day, but the person that said that they are running the combo I'm considering never posted pics. I'd like to be 100% sure before spending $400-500 on the top rack and case.

I know my Shad rack will not work without a custom rectangular bracket. I have the motech rack too which I am going to try but I don't think it is going to work either.

Back