GM: Vette will survive - Automotive News

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Ad experts: GM's Ed Whitacre no Lee Iacocca Experts also are questioning the company's focus on itself even as it says it wants to emphasize individual brands like Chevrolet and Cadillac more.

More...

Glad to hear they're keeping the 'Vette around. I've owned two of them in the past and they are great cars for the money. Someday I'll get another one...

Probably, but I was just in Bowling Green and the guy who owned the campground we were staying at said the factory was down to three days a week. That surprised me because, being a niche car I didn't expect demand to be down that much.

Probably, but I was just in Bowling Green and the guy who owned the campground we were staying at said the factory was down to three days a week. That surprised me because, being a niche car I didn't expect demand to be down that much.

Niche or not, it's a luxury purchase and in this economy people are just holding on to their money...

except us motorcycle nuts who LOVE to mod or purchase older bikes.......hehe

I'm not inspired for the future of GM .....stick him in a set of chaps with a pair of sixshooters and a 10 gallon hat.....and theeeeeeennnnn....no

Last edited:
I am sure you guys are not sitting around watching tv all day, however have you noticed that the chief executive for GM is on TV every day pitching something new. He is either hosting a town hall meeting, talking about some form of health care or some other economic related topic. They dubbed Ronald Regan the great communicator, however I thing the New CEO of GM is going to top all predecessors of being a media hound. As for the plant in Bowling Green, I have a brother-in-law who recently took the buyout they offered and he said they have been off in the past six months way more than they have worked. No orders.

Brohay, you hit that nail on the head. For as long as I've been riding, riders will spend a ton on their extensions of themselves. Then, when it's just the way we think we want it......................we sell it.

Back