Goodbye New Enough!

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
They are no longer there.... actually changed names to MotorcycleGear.com!

Paul Thompson said:
Today is a big day for us. This is the first day our site will appear under a new domain name.

Why? New Enough started in my closet over a decade ago. The business started as a simple buy-sell-trade site for second hand, high quality leathers. I chose newenough.com because it was descriptive of what I wanted to do and also because it was free :)

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, the newenough moniker was a poor choice. Who knew our business would evolve into what it is today (nothing at all used, blemished or refurbished). And back then I had no clue as to the importance of key search terms being so important in a name (like "motorcycle," duh).

Recently I was lucky enough to acquire the motorcyclegear.com domain. I think it is the perfect name to represent our business. I hope you agree. Please adjust your bookmarks and links on any pages you may own/control. Changing domain names is never a cake walk and it will help if a lot of people link directly to our new name.

I want you to continue to enjoy the same great products, prices and service provided by our great group of employees. Here's to a another 10 great years with a better name!

Smart move. I always equated "New Enough" with "Good Enough."

I've never bought anything from them but I've heard very good things about them.

Smart move. I always equated "New Enough" with "Good Enough."

I've never bought anything from them but I've heard very good things about them.

Almost every piece of gear my wife, daughter and I own all came from them. What it always meant to me was new stuff but not this year's models, hence "New Enough". But I agree this is a VERY smart move and what a domain name to grab! He must have had a snipe on it and prayed that the prior owner wouldn't re-register or forget and lapse. I know people who have lapsed their domain registrations and lost them. Once gone, you cannot get them back.

Well done Paul! You still have my business! :tup:

Back in the day...New Enough started business as a place you could "trade in" your old gear for a discount on new gear. Kind of like trading in your old bike on a new bike.

Then they would offer up used gear for sale as well as the new stuff.
You could even trade in used for used if you found something you liked.

I did that a couple of times in the late 90s.

New Enough/Motorcycle Gear.com is the pinnacle of online moto-gear businesses! Great people!

Back in the day...New Enough started business as a place you could "trade in" your old gear for a discount on new gear. Kind of like trading in your old bike on a new bike.

Then they would offer up used gear for sale as well as the new stuff.
You could even trade in used for used if you found something you liked.

I did that a couple of times in the late 90s.

New Enough/Motorcycle Gear.com is the pinnacle of online moto-gear businesses! Great people!

I wondered how they got that name. LOL I thought it was used moto equipment when I first saw their site!!
However - as the years went by I started buying more and more stuff from them at incredible prices!! :tup:

I hav'm bookmarked. I've purchased from them and always thought their site was well done. They have multiple pictures of each item they sell-sometimes 15-or 20-providing great detail of the item. Plus I like how they have a sales person give his/her impression of the item, followed with reviews by those who've purchased what I'm looking at.
Name did seem a bit odd. Never understood it's meaning until now. :noworries:

Back