Great little tank bag!

So I bought my Nelson Rigg CL-950 saddle bags last week, got them in on Thursday. I put some pics of the whole setup in my thread. However, what I did not even think about was the tail/tank bag.

See, I got the CL-80 mini sport tail/tank bag and set it up on the bags as a tail bag. However, I ordered it with the free suction cup mounting kit. The thought never crossed my mind until today that I can use it as a tank bag.

Nelson Rigg CL-80 Mini Sport Tail Bag With a FREE Tank Bag Mounting Kit! :: MotorcycleGear.com

Got it from them. FANTASTIC customer service, and great prices. I had screwed up part of my order the first time, and Nate took care of me. Was a fantastic experience, and the part I forgot got here in 3 days. Cannot beat that.

However, with the tank and tail bag for small day trips this is all I need!

Note: Do not pay attention to my seat. I bought another stock seat to mess with putting different things inside there to see if I can make it more comfortable. Got the seat for almost nothing so I honestly don't care if I just end up ruining it. Wanted to explore all options before plunking down the cash on a Sargent or the like.

DSCF7010.jpg

DSCF7009.jpg

DSCF7008.jpg

DSCF7006.jpg

DSCF7005.jpg

And attached to my saddle bags. I might just get a bigger tail bag and run that attached to the saddle bags and keep this strictly as a tank bag. :)

DSCF6993.jpg

Just a word of advice on your seat. Try memory foam instead of rocks next time, it will be more comfortable!:poke:

Just kidding with ya Geno. Do you have any issues seeing your gauges with the bag in place on the tank?

I like the Nelson Rigg CL-950 saddle bags. How much did you pay for those, minus the tank/tail? Also, do they just hang off the pillion or is there a metal subframe to hold them out and perpendicular?

The controls on the left are for my Oxford Heated grips :)

I actually LOL'd at that comment NY. It looks terrible but for the 5 min ride I have done feels nice. I will know better wed/thurs after I put some miles on it. Then I can actually make it pretty in the event I like it.

I have NO issues seeing the gauges as the bag is not even in my line of sight, and I am only 5'6" so it's not like I am really tall either.

I got the saddle bags for 110 bucks from NewEnough. They are also free shipping. They just hang off the rear, which I don't like but I was not going to go spend 291 shipped on those other bags with the bars to only use them 2-3 times a year. For the cost savings I can deal with it.

Back