Handlebars . . . again!

3B43

OK, I've surfed the bar sites . . . is Suburban Machine the only 'after market' bars available for the Gen II? If there's more available, and if so, what have you guys tried? I want to try 'em, but $175 is alot to spend on a 'try'.

Any 7/8" bar you find should work. You will need to adjust for lock to lock clearance with regards to the tank and maybe drill a small hole for the controls to mount.

What I NEED is for the bars to be more bent back and down . . . the Suburban Machine look real close, but I'd hate to get 'em and they be 'not right' . . . due to the cost.

No doubt you will be able to find the bar that suits where you want your hand ad wrists to be located but then as already stated, it must clear the tank and faring. Finally, the biggest problem I've found on most modern motorcycles is that all the control cables are exactly the length they need to be because of the routing. When bars get changed, either the cables are too long or not long enough then you have to purchase new clutch and brake cables and try to do something with all the electrical wiring so it doesn't look like a cluster-----. I've given up a couple times because I didn't like the look of the cables and rerouting was a really poor alternative. These days they give you about 1/8" to work with.

Well, I was able to score a used set from fred'z1, front end busa on the gen 1, for alot less than retail.

Tell ya what, since I'm almost in a position to reclaim my garage back to start turning wrenches, if you have not found a solution to your problem, maybe work something out to give my SM2's a shot. I do not know if I want to sell them just yet.....

Back