has anyone tried

just was wondering this is my first fz1 haven't messed with it yet but was thinking.
i used to have a 1991 gsxr750 and bolted on a 99r1 rear end looked so cool and used some r1 and gsxr fairings on the pike to
has anyone put different parts on the first gen fz1's like forks,fairings,tails anything and can you post pics
cus every time i look at the bike it makes me want to do something new to it
and then i just go down a back road as fast as i can hahah
but want to change the bike somehow

just was wondering this is my first fz1 haven't messed with it yet but was thinking.
i used to have a 1991 gsxr750 and bolted on a 99r1 rear end looked so cool and used some r1 and gsxr fairings on the pike to
has anyone put different parts on the first gen fz1's like forks,fairings,tails anything and can you post pics

Yes is the short answer....

member just put a hayabusa front end on his gen 1

others have mounted R1 front ends to both the Gen 1 and 2's

as for plastics, I'm sure it has been done...but usually after a get off and going for a truly naked or ratbike look

guess it just all depends upon you skills and time....but then almost anything can be done for a price...

Thats a weird picture, at first glance it looked like it was up to the axles in mud...........now I see it's just a wall, but first glance WTF..........

somewhat off topic......

I'v heard that a Yamaha Road Warrior rear wheel will fit the Gen1 and allow a 200 meat to be run. Don't know if theres any truth to this, but the guy I heard it from is not prone to embelishments or fables.

There are not many folks with the full fairings installed on the FZ1. I think yours already looks pretty darn unique. That is yours in the OP right?

It looks like you shot those pictures through rain covered glass or maybe a windshield. Makes the bike look strange. Anyway, there have been a lot of alterations to bars, seats, pegs and lights. Not so many to the necessary suspension components except rear shocks for an upgrade. The FZ1 is a top notch street sport rod so most people get it for it's performance and if a mod doesn't make it perform better it's not done very often just to change the looks, especially if that would diminish the ability to run like a scared rabbit.

I'v heard that a Yamaha Road Warrior rear wheel will fit the Gen1 and allow a 200 meat to be run. Don't know if theres any truth to this, but the guy I heard it from is not prone to embelishments or fables.

I'm gonna go ahead and say NO. With a wider rim, you also have a wider center hub. The chain wouldn't line up, the brake wouldn't line up. you'd have to make new spacers for the swingarm and machine the adjusters for the larger axle. ... I mean... theoretically... it *could* be done... but *should* it? Hell no. There's no performance gain. It'd be more weight and worse handling. You'd spend well over $1k making this wheel fit with no positive benefits.

Back