Headsets...Anybody using them?

We have a group of guys that ride together and none of us have any headsets...yet. We would like to get something that would allow some communication with each other as we ride. We looked at some different brands, (Blue Ant, Scala, Chatterbox, etc...).

What are you guys using? Anybody have any experience with any of these?

Thanks,

Schrader

Am waiting for the Cardo Scala Rider G4 to be released..It meant to have up to a 1 mile range betweeen riders plus Stereo Bluetooth

Cardo Scala Rider G4 - RevZilla Motorsports

Cardo Systems Scala Rider G4
Bike-to-bike intercom communication with 3 other headsets, with a remarkable range of up to 1mile
Link together for 4-way intercom conference calling between 2 couples riding on 2 motorcycles
VOX activation: intercom calls, answer, voice dial, redial, and call reject functions
Includes an embedded FM radio with scan/seek features and 6 station channel memory
Individual audio sources - each G4 headset can conduct mobile phone calls or listen to Fm radio or MP3 audio independently
Full Duplex – allows simultaneous talking and listening when using intercom connections
Talk time up to 10 hours, standby time up to 10 days
AGC Technology - headset automatically adjusts it’s own volume based on ambient noise anhd driving speed
Noise cancelling microphone
Weather resistant design
Fits virtually all 3/4 and full face helmets
Note: Range may vary according to terrain

Note: Multi-device compatibility (headset is compatible with the following):
Bluetooth enabled mobile phone
Both None and Stereo Bluetooth enabled mp3 player, adapter, or mobile phone
Bluetooth enabled GPS unit
Scala Rider Q2 headset
Scala Rider Solo/FM/Teamset

Last edited:
I'm betting it will be like the Q2 set and come in pairs. The drawback of the Q2 is no conference mode and only three people, but the primary can talk to either/or secondary and the two secondaries cannot talk at all.

But for a couple? We love the Q2 set! :D

I also have the Scala Rider Q2...It great....(But the music quailty really sucks big time with this headset not supporting Stereo sound over bluetooth from my zumo :banghead:)

So why not use the included MP3 cord and play it stereo without the BT? ;) That's what we do!

Back