Healtech Quickshifter Easy - WOW!

Just took my first ride with the new Healtech Quikshifter Easy HealTech Electronics Ltd. ? Smart Tech for your Ride ? QuickShifter easy (new). It's unique in that setup and adjustments are done via Bluetooth connection with an Android phone or tablet. There are a full range of adjustments and they are very quick and simple to make using the Android App available free from the Google Play store. Most all the defaults turned out to be right on the money so tweaking was very simple.

The install of the coil harness was pretty typical. I pulled the tank, airbox and the ECU and installed from the top rather than try to work around or pull the radiator. Not too difficult at all.

The really neat component is the force sensor. It is VERY small and can usually be installed on the stock shift rod or on the pinch bolt that clamps the shift arm on the shaft on the transmission. It apparently senses force multi-directionally so if installed on the pinch bolt, it can be used for both up and down shifting. If installed on the shift rod, it will work for upshifting only. I installed on the pinch bolt and it only took about 5 minutes plus a few more to route and secure the wire.

Once installed you pair it with your Android device and use the QSE App to go through an initial setup of the sensor threshold, which again only takes a few minutes. There are several other parameters available but I only ended up changing the low and high RPM settings.

Now for the best part - It works PERFECTLY. I was able to easily make smooth and very precise upshifts. These shifts were MUCH smoother than anything I was able to achieve by using clutch or pre-quickshifter clutchless upshifting. It worked as well in town as it did on the highway regardless of the RPMS. I had set the low limit to 3500 RPM to prevent it from being active below that range.

It gets even better, I was able to make very smooth downshifts in the higher gears. Downshifting from 6-5 and 5-4 were very smooth. 4-3 wasn't quite as smooth but still very manageable. I found that just a little throttle nudge almost like a very tiny blip and hold made the downshifts even smoother.

Of course the clutch can still be used anytime. I did not notice any downside issues when using the clutch for up or downshifts with the quickshifter enabled. I think my clutched shifts might even have been a little smoother.

It's like a new bike and riding it today put a smile on my face the whole time today. Can't wait to get out again tomorrow for an even longer ride

If you are considering a quickshifter, but struggling with the typical $500-$600 prices as I was, check out the Healtech. Available from their distributor, Blue Monkey Motorsports, Inc. : : : : HealTech Electronics ::: Electronics Accessories and Performance Products for only $319.99 complete with bike specific wiring harness and free shipping. Seems to me to be a remarkable bargain.

Me too. I have their Speedohealer and gear indicator which I've been very happy with.
I'm thinking their quick shifter would also be a quality bit of gear.

Nah, I have an adjustable rear suspension link on the way (should be here ready to install on the weekend) and I generally clutchless shift anyway.

I need the adjustable suspension link to lower the rear 6mm to get the geometry for the 55 profile rear set up right. It's still too twitchy on corner entry, and I'm maxed out on the Ohlins forks.

I think Blanchy has something similar if not the same as this quick shifter, pretty sure he did a write up on it.

You can keep the throttle pinned when changing gears with one of these Dicko, no backing off to change up.
They sound fricken awesome doing it too.

For the street it's just for that extra wank factor lol. At the track it would save you some time.

Blanchy has a fairly basic Dynojet one that just cuts fuel.

This one cuts the ignition which is supposed to work way better.

Want some pics! I love my Dynojet quick shifter too. Super slick shifts but this sounds better.

you realize your dynojet does more than the healtech right...and that its the same ignition cut style quickshifter, but without a sensor to actually do the shift for you. the only way you're going to get better is with a proper fuel and ignition cut quickshifter. for example, with a ftecu flash, you can run the quickshifter off the ecu directly

Is there any way to set it up so it only up shifts? I would rather just use the clutch for down shifting.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Yes, just install the sensor on the stock shift rod instead of the pinch bolt. Either way you can still use the clutch anytime, up or down. You can also set any lower RPM limit you like if you want to just use it at the upper RPM range. It has a lot of adjustability with the App.

you realize your dynojet does more than the healtech right...and that its the same ignition cut style quickshifter, but without a sensor to actually do the shift for you. the only way you're going to get better is with a proper fuel and ignition cut quickshifter. for example, with a ftecu flash, you can run the quickshifter off the ecu directly

You are right about the ECU based control, but one nice feature to consider with the Healtech is the wide range of adjustability and flexibility available out of the box, unlike any other unit I have seen, especially for the price. You can even have different setup files on your Android device that you can upload to the Healtech in seconds via Bluetooth for different conditions such as one for street and one for track, etc., or you can still just set it and forget it. I find the ignition only cut to afford extremely smooth and nearly effortless shifting. Not sure how much better you could make it even with both ignition and fuel cuts since the ignition cut duration is so short (typically ranges from 85-45ms depending on RPM range).

Maybe Blanchy can speak up here but I'm fairly sure he just has the sensor connected to his PCV, which just cuts fuel. I assume he would have to buy the ignition module to cut ignition as well?
I'm asking for my benefit as well as I also have a PCV.

Maybe Blanchy can speak up here but I'm fairly sure he just has the sensor connected to his PCV, which just cuts fuel. I assume he would have to buy the ignition module to cut ignition as well?
I'm asking for my benefit as well as I also have a PCV.

Yes to get both you will need an Ignition module. From my reading though this is only really necessary on bikes with dual injectors per cyl. Just using the Fuel cut only on mine works great.

Back