Heated Grips

The Oxfords are nice, I have a set on my bike.

Run it through a relay so they will go off when you shut down the bike. I forgot one morning and after work came out to a dead battery.

The Oxfords are nice, I have a set on my bike.

Run it through a relay so they will go off when you shut down the bike. I forgot one morning and after work came out to a dead battery.

I try to do this with all accessories just for this reason... I KNOW I'd forget and be out there bump-starting! :D Glad to hear these work well. I'm used to the Symtec kit.

Revzilla really kills it with not only price but shipping. With free shipping, I always expect the worst and accept that. Not these guys! I ordered Friday night and they were on my dining table Monday afternoon! Corey is "Da Man!"

Question for Tony? Are there any special concerns with regards to clearance at the levers?

Reminds me... I need to get mine warranty fixed... controller is dead, green light turns on, but no heat lights. Just got the same deal last year, but apparently the new digital controller is not as reliable as the old mechanical switch.

Not sure, I've not taken it apart to look at it because it's got a two year warranty... though finding out where to contact them is proving to be troublesome.
They advertize sealed and appear sealed... this looks interesting: Oxford Heated Grips issue - ADVrider

I'll have to make sure all my connections are tight, I did recently do my clutch/throttle cables, possible I slightly pulled one of them out of the socket... it just seemed strange the power light would still come on, but no indicator of heat level.

Last edited:
Not sure, I've not taken it apart to look at it because it's got a two year warranty... though finding out where to contact them is proving to be troublesome.
They advertize sealed and appear sealed... this looks interesting: Oxford Heated Grips issue - ADVrider

I'll have to make sure all my connections are tight, I did recently do my clutch/throttle cables, possible I slightly pulled one of them out of the socket... it just seemed strange the power light would still come on, but no indicator of heat level.

Tony, have you had any issues with the auto-off or connections? I know these cut out if voltage drops below 11.5V to save your battery. Also, I've yet to look but I want these installed with a relay so I'll need to find a place to tap into that offers full battery access but off with the key. Thoughts?

Tony, have you had any issues with the auto-off or connections? I know these cut out if voltage drops below 11.5V to save your battery. Also, I've yet to look but I want these installed with a relay so I'll need to find a place to tap into that offers full battery access but off with the key. Thoughts?

I used the license plate light, it is easy to tap and does go on/off with the ignition. It also is not vital in case that the tap would break.

I had these on my 919; I think you'll really like them. I will say that I had an issue with the controller auto-off once and it drained my battery. I didn't wire it up to a switched power source and that was something I should have done.

well, mine is definitely a connection issue, I can wiggle the wire and get the power light to go on/off, but even in the on state, no heat lights. And it appears it is not at one of the connectors, but where the wire goes into the black box before the controller.

I fear, at $50 for a new set, trying to go through the hassle of the warranty, probably have to pay for shipping, and have to tear it all apart anyways, I'm probably better off getting a whole new system. The things worked well over the Winter/Fall/Spring... I don't remember putting them on the 100% setting often, they'll burn your hands quickly!

It looks like from revzilla's pictures, the "premium" grips dumped the extra black box and built it all into the controller and added one more heat setting. Not sure if it's built better or not, but will just have to decide before Fall rolls around.

I do have mine on a switched relay, tapped off one of the rear lights to energize it, but don't remember now. 11.5V is a bit low for a "cutoff", won't kill the battery, but good luck starting with it getting that low.

I hear ya Don. For $50, it might be worth a new set but I'd still hassle the return to have a spare set of parts. ;)

Did you all use the super glue to install them? I'm not keen on this and I'm thinking of something that will allow easier removal if needed later.

Where are you guys mounting the controller? I had a different kit on my old FZ1, but am thinking about the Oxfords for the new bike. In a perfect world, the controller would just be a plain dial (like my heated jacket controller). The Oxford unit looks pretty chunky.

Has anyone use both the Oxfords and the under-grip heating elements and can offer a comparison? I know I'm being picky about appearance, but I think the Oxfords would have to be significantly better for me to go with them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Where are you guys mounting the controller? I had a different kit on my old FZ1, but am thinking about the Oxfords for the new bike. In a perfect world, the controller would just be a plain dial (like my heated jacket controller). The Oxford unit looks pretty chunky.

I have hot grips and my controller is a dial. I love the fact I can turn em up or down just a bit.

Back