helmet lock

Wow! Super fast shipping from Japan! Arrived today at work. Thanks for the link!

CAM00519_zps14862a1e.jpg

You'll need a security wrench to attach the bolts to the footpeg (so it can't be undone by a nefarious helmet thief out in the real world). I had to get one from Autozone for a few dollars.

Ran downstairs before my ride this morning and mounted the factory helmet lock to the bike. Aside from the ECU Flash, this was the next favorite thing I have done to the bike. During my Sunday morning ride I used it three times and absolutely love it!

CAM00541_zpsc768460d.jpg

CAM00542_zps245b93a7.jpg

Ran downstairs before my ride this morning and mounted the factory helmet lock to the bike. Aside from the ECU Flash, this was the next favorite thing I have done to the bike. During my Sunday morning ride I used it three times and absolutely love it!

CAM00541_zpsc768460d.jpg

CAM00542_zps245b93a7.jpg

hey its REALLY easy to rekey the lock for your stock bike key. no where would do it for me, so i opened it up and did it myself. it was the easiest tumbler style ever. its very self explanatory once you get it open. just stick your key in and grind whatever is not flush with the key holder.. if you do and come into any issues just hit me up and i will pull mine apart for some pics.

hey its REALLY easy to rekey the lock for your stock bike key. no where would do it for me, so i opened it up and did it myself. it was the easiest tumbler style ever. its very self explanatory once you get it open. just stick your key in and grind whatever is not flush with the key holder.. if you do and come into any issues just hit me up and i will pull mine apart for some pics.

Thanks! I never thought about doing that until I saw this.

I'm going to check this out when I get home from work today. I have no sound on the work PC so it's useless to watch it here. It looks like it gives some insight to at least how these locks work.

[video=youtube;XmszrJxR0LM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmszrJxR0LM[/video]

A lock Smith would not do this? I took my monokey bags to one because I lost all of keys to them (the one on my bike was lost by shop who did work and the others I have not been able to find since move).

Picked the lock, then removed tumbler to cut key. Walked out with functioning keys and a 20.00 bill spent for time. 60.00+ for new set plus the time from locksmith to pick to gain access.

If not a reputable place to perform work, maybe you put the word out on the street. I'm sure somebody would want to offer their assistance

Sent from: Galaxy Note 3

Just tried this myself. Got all of the tumblers flush except one and ground it down with a dremel. Took 10 minutes max. Thanks to everyone for the idea, works perfectly!!!

A lock Smith would not do this? I took my monokey bags to one because I lost all of keys to them (the one on my bike was lost by shop who did work and the others I have not been able to find since move).

Picked the lock, then removed tumbler to cut key. Walked out with functioning keys and a 20.00 bill spent for time. 60.00+ for new set plus the time from locksmith to pick to gain access.

If not a reputable place to perform work, maybe you put the word out on the street. I'm sure somebody would want to offer their assistance

I'm a tight arse and its just too easy to do it.

I know that my circumstances were different than what you guys are trying to accomplish.

If I could of gained access like this, I probably would of done the same thing over the winter.

I paid for my education to see a professional work for the next time.

Back