help please

i did the bypass and it ran but only if im holding the starter switch down, soon as i let go it cuts off, this was when i manualy put fuel in all cylinders

Just a word of caution. I wouldn't keep my starter button depressed while the bike is running. You wouldn't want to mess up the starter in the process of troubleshooting the other problem.

You mentioned something about a lot of white smoke in one of the posts. Do you smell any raw gas when you're cranking it? I wonder if some oil got into the cylinders and the plugs are fouled. The white smoke would indicate oil in the combustion chamber to me...

You mentioned something about a lot of white smoke in one of the posts. Do you smell any raw gas when you're cranking it? I wonder if some oil got into the cylinders and the plugs are fouled. The white smoke would indicate oil in the combustion chamber to me...

Oooooo!!! Good one! Check those bad boys!

Did you happen to notice if you get a neutral light when you turn on the key?

yes the N light comes on when in Nutral, i just did a check and found 2 blown out fues but were all head light and turn signal fueses, i also check for any switches around, under seat, and under the gass thank, no switches everything looks good, any i dea how to check if the fuel pump is good or bad?

Just came into this conversation. What year? Also there is a switch in the area of the clutch pivot. If it loses contact bike will not start either.

Yes, if the engine trouble warning light (official Yamaha talk...lol) is on then it will also display the two digit code in the instrument cluster under the fuel gauge.

Error codes:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/fz1-technical/335-ecu-error-codes-table.html

it shows code 30 which is the lean angle sensor, since im not sure which one it is actually, i looked at all of the sensor and just moved them aroung and checked connections and stuff. so i went back turn the key on the code was gone, so i cranked it, it started ran for about a sec and cuts off and the code came back. i looked online if i can see a pic of the sensor but no luck, and know how to reset it or which sensor it is, could it be the one with battery power and ground cable attachd to it?
and thanks for the help i would be lost without you guys

Last edited:
on and off

Try cycling the key on and off 3 times (without starting it). On for 5 seconds, off for same each time. This may reset and clear the code.

There is a guy on the FZ6 Forum right now with the same issue. He dropped the bike on the centerstand and now it won't start. Also has a code. They are telling him that it should have reset itself after 5 or so seconds by itself. Listen to Lee and cycle through with the key and see what happens.

Lean Angle Sensor is #25 in attached parts diagram. I circled it in red. Unfortunately I don't know if there is a way to reset it or if it resets itself.

FZ1_electrical2.png

Another option is unhook the battery for an over-night. In the AM when you hook it back up, the ECU will be cleared and it should run a new diagnostic on first turn of the key. Let it light up without hitting the starter button and leave it for about 30 - 40 seconds. Then try the starter if no codes appear.

Another option is unhook the battery for an over-night. In the AM when you hook it back up, the ECU will be cleared and it should run a new diagnostic on first turn of the key. Let it light up without hitting the starter button and leave it for about 30 - 40 seconds. Then try the starter if no codes appear.

1st let me say big thanks to everone for helping me this isue, i finally got it running againg, i found the sensor, and all i had to do is have it seating up right, and it re-sets its self, on the sensor there are indication of how it should be mounted.

now im moving to 2nd project which is finding a not expensive streetfighter headlight for it the looks harp, so if anyone has some for sell pleas contact me at onenewtime@yahoo
thanks

1st let me say big thanks to everone for helping me this isue, i finally got it running againg, i found the sensor, and all i had to do is have it seating up right, and it re-sets its self, on the sensor there are indication of how it should be mounted.

now im moving to 2nd project which is finding a not expensive streetfighter headlight for it the looks harp, so if anyone has some for sell pleas contact me at onenewtime@yahoo
thanks

So glad to hear that your back up and running Crash. Thats great news. Sorry it took so long. I'm not into that "street fighter" look, but I'm sure someone will help you out. The main thing is that you riding again! Good job!:tup:

Back