Hi Everyone From new member

:flash: Just like to say Hi to everyone and hoping to find this forum usefull. Got My fz1 ABS New back in 2007 and have covered 6000 miles on it now and done 460 of them last Saturday touring sunny Wales, Dam done My wrist in so trying to find out more about clutcless upshift. I am really pleased with the bike performance although it is very thirsty ( lucky if I get 110 MILES per tank ) The only changes I have made are fitting a Titanium Can Beowulf round and man it sound Great baffle in or out.

Safe riding Kev. :shine:
FZ1 A.jpg

FZ1 B.jpg

FZ1 C.jpg

Last edited:
:welcome: Kev and thanks for joining! Please post up a pic or two when you get a chance.

Clutchless upshift... it is easy. You pre-load the shifter with your toe and when you want to shift, blip the throttle part-way closed and apply a bit more toe pressure. She slips into the next gear. I do this about half the time when riding, especially from 2nd to 6th. I tend not to do it from 1st to 2nd as I've caught neutral a couple times...

I'm not a big fan of clutchless downshifting but it can be done. However, doing it incorrectly a few times will tear some pieces up.

:welcome: Kev and thanks for joining! Please post up a pic or two when you get a chance.

Clutchless upshift... it is easy. You pre-load the shifter with your toe and when you want to shift, blip the throttle part-way closed and apply a bit more toe pressure. She slips into the next gear. I do this about half the time when riding, especially from 2nd to 6th. I tend not to do it from 1st to 2nd as I've caught neutral a couple times...

I'm not a big fan of clutchless downshifting but it can be done. However, doing it incorrectly a few times will tear some pieces up.
Hi Thanks for warm welcome and advice, How do I post pics on blog page?

regards Kev.

Hi Thanks for warm welcome and advice, How do I post pics on blog page?

regards Kev.

When in the editor, click the small icon in the bar above that looks like a paper clip. This will pop up a window (unless you have all pop-ups turned off) and allow you to browse your photos and select.

Ride safe!!

Hi kev welcome to the group. Good looking bike!! You should be able to find just about anything you need to know here. There are a lot of very friendly smart folks on here that are glad to help out.

Back