Hi from another newbie!

Hi guys! John from Coleraine in the not-so-sunny North of Ireland (on the doorstep of the NW200 circuit). Recently purchased an '07 FZ1-S in black and red in a private deal with a seller in Sandhurst, travelled over by boat and train to collect and rode her all the way home the next day with wifey in the tail-gunner's seat, a total of 498 miles. Very pleased with her, pretty much still in stock trim apart from a tail-tidy and a brief experiment with a Leo Vince carbon stubby race-can and link-pipe. Have reverted to the standard can for now for the sake of the neighbours hearing and an obvious loss in low-end power, something I'm not prepared to sacrifice for some extra decibels just yet!

Some pics (hopefully!) attached for your approval.

:welcome: and congrats! That is a very cool color scheme and I've not seen one with a two-tone fairing before. I like it!

Was anything done under the tank and seat? ;)

Ride safe and post often! :tup:

Thanks for the welcome! All standard in there my friend. Only thing I've done in that area is add the gold aluminum mesh behind the plastic cooler grille to give some better stone protection. Can't say for sure but I think the colour scheme is maybe European market only. This is the one that I had my heart set on, tried to get one nearer home in this colour but there just weren't any, hence the trek to Sandhurst near London to get this one. A friend of mine has one the same except he has the ABS model, that was the one that sparked my interest in Fazers. The beginning of a long and beautiful friendship methinks!

Last edited:
All standard in there my friend. Only thing I've done in that area is add the gold aluminum mesh behind the plastic cooler grille to give some better stone protection. Can't say for sure but I think the colour scheme is maybe European market only. This is the one that I had my heart set on, tried to get one nearer home in this colour but there just weren't any, hence the trek to Sandhurst near London to get this one. A friend of mine has one the same except he has the ABS model, that was the one that sparked my interest in Fazers. The beginning of a long and beautiful friendship methinks!

Yes sir that does look nice. Good to see the Winnie The Pooh mat being put to good use to.:)

Seems this colour-scheme is a big hit with our North American friends. Looking again at the pics I've added I think I need to add some more that show it in better detail so here goes. This scheme seems to have only been used on the 07 European model FZ1-S, as the preceding 06 bike had solid red bodywork which the subsequent 08-09 bikes also have. The 08/09 engine color also changed (from black to silver, and also a dull gold version) as did the front forks which switched to black. My opinion only but the combination of red, black and gold used on the 07's is Yamaha's best colour scheme ever, and it was achieved by simply adding a black shroud to the front of the tank and a black fairing with red decals.

Note - the bike in these pics isn't mine but they demonstrate the colours better than any pic I have of mine at the minute.

hi jonh just joined the forum today very much a newbe.got my last bike from bangor, flew over wednesday afternoon caught ferry back from belfast to scotland then road back to the midlands got home thursday dinner time,that was a bmw k1200s, just sold it now riding a fz1s 08 in lava red just posted pics of my first mod on the gallery.regards to all members.

Back